We are looking for an experienced QA engineer to take on a leading role and help embed our core technology into user-friendly iOS and Android apps
Our mission is to provide everyone in Europe with instant access to eyecare. We believe that buying glasses should be as easy as buying clothes but as safe as going to the doctor.
Therefore, we are building the world’s fastest and most reliable way to buy prescription glasses with nothing but your smartphone. We are literally putting the optician in your pocket so you can order a new pair of glasses from wherever you are.
Our mobile app helps customers find a frame that truly fits their face and style, offers realistic virtual try-ons and easy sharing with loved ones and lets them update their lens prescriptions whenever needed.
Tribe has recently been acquired by Mister Spex, Europe’s largest online optician. As such, your work has the chance to directly impact the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for an experienced QA engineer to take on a leading role and help embed our core technology into user-friendly iOS and Android apps. Reporting to Mobile Tech Lead, your primary tasks will be:
- Monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure design quality, making sure that the software adheres to the general standards
- Make sure that new products work before they are released to the public
- Involvement in tasks that include software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process
- Break up the entire process into goals such as verifications, activities, measurements, abilities, and commitments. By doing this, you will ensure to maintain complete control over the entire project.
- Ensure that the final product not only meets with company and governmental guidelines but also reaches the consumer market at the time appointed by the company
- Work closely with all departments to make sure the software project is not only on time but on budget as well
- Overseeing the entire development process, which includes software testing, from start to finish
- Responsibility for the monetary success of the software product by ensuring quality of the product as well as the product’s ability to hit the market on time
- You will also be required to provide input and interact with the software architect, frontend, backend, devops, security and business stakeholders.
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For you, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CTO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CTO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
Following the Must/Should/Could language convention, you need to tick the following boxes:
- MUST have working experience as a QA engineer for 3+ years
- MUST have experience in Black-Box Test Techniques
- MUST have experience in mobile and web app development
- MUST have experience in software automation testing, methodology, scripting in an Agile development environment
- MUST have knowledge of CI tools such as JIRA, Git, and Jenkins
- MUST have knowledge of requirements specification and system design
- SHOULD have data modeling and database design experience
- SHOULD have a good understanding of backend and frontend systems (mobile and web)
- SHOULD have skills in debugging issues and providing developers with significant feedback
- COULD consider, understand, and implement security and data protection
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
Originally founded in Berlin, our diverse team works from all over Europe. We have been committed to a remote-friendly culture since the beginning, prioritizing talent over location from the start.
You will be working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting. Your work will have direct and measurable impact on the road towards realizing our vision of providing everyone in Europe with instant access to eyecare.
What's the most natural interface? A face.
Tribe is the first place where human and artificial team members will work hand in hand.
Tribe offers a digital team room that lets you hear, see and interact with your remote human & A.I. team members. Our realistic live animated 3D avatars give A.I. assistants a face capable of expressing human emotions.
Soon, A.I. assistants will level the playing field at work. Tribe wants to be the place where humans & machines come together in the future to co-create something amazing.
Founded in 2018, our team consists of a great mix of tech and business people with many years of experience in startups and large corporates. Our office is at the heart of Berlin and we are fully funded throughout the next 2 years. We have been selected as 1 of only 10 startups in the high-profile TechFounders accelerator by UnternehmerTUM Munich, working closely with our pilot customer Festo on implementing our joint vision for remote work of the future.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
21 July 2021