We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test with in-depth Linux knowledge, a deep understanding of networking protocols and operations, and a perfect knowledge of Python language.
In this position you will be a part of a new experienced team, improving SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud) community test suite. SONiC is a highly innovative product and currently the world’s most popular open-source network OS. The goal of our project is to simplify existing test infrastructure by adopting a new hardware environment, make it more user-friendly and extend test coverage for SONiC products.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test (Python), you will be working directly with the Customer as a member of the team responsible for development, integration, product support and hardening activities.
You will join a collaborative environment with open, transparent communication, well-established processes, a minimum of formalities, and a maximum of trust.
There is a community-driven test suite available for SONiC. The verification team's goal is to enable community tests in a simplified test environment and extend test coverage for SONiC-based products. On this project, you will work with various technologies – Python3, Bash, Linux, Docker – as well as different flavors of the physical hardware.
Our customer is a leading global test and measurements equipment and software vendor, based in the U.S. Their networking products enable end-to-end validation of equipment for data center, ISP/Telecom and enterprise clients.
About Our Team
PLVision is a software R&D firm, specializing in solutions for Computer Networking, Embedded Systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity, that operates on the global market since 2007.
• Enable evaluation of networking products' quality by building and adopting new test environments
• Extend test coverage for new and existing features of the SONiC-based products
• Extend test framework infrastructure to support new types of equipment and testbeds
• SONiC/SAI software testing for a set of platforms
• Analyze requirements and Test Plan/ Test Cases documents
• Run test regressions for the product line and maintain test results documentation to assist in debugging and modification of software
• Implement new test suites and test cases to extend regression coverage for new product features and protocols
• Develop, modify and execute software test plans, automated scripts and testing programs
• Develop handy tools and scripts to automate build and test environments
• Test automation experience (Python/Ansible)
• In-depth Linux knowledge and strong Linux troubleshooting skills
• Deep understanding of networking protocols (Layer 2 or Layer 3 networking protocols implementation, TCP sockets programming)
• 5+ years of commercial experience in Software Development and Testing
• Knowledge of technical English at Intermediate level and higher
Vacancy plus options:
• Experience of using hardware traffic generators/analyzers
• Experience with SAI/SONiC implementation and integration
• Experience with NOS products testing
• Experience with Linux networking
• Experience with virtualization/containerization technologies
• Good understanding of CI/CD processes
WHO WE ARE
We are a software R&D firm, specializing in Computer Networking, Embedded Development, and the Internet of Things. Basically, PLVision is an external innovation lab — not a classic outsourcing company.
Our focused technology expertise makes us a strategic, long-term partner of choice for global networking industry leaders and innovators since 2007.
We have unique experience working in total with 5 out of the top 10 switch silicons (chips) and, also, strong expertise in various open source network operating systems (NOSes) like SONiC, Stratum, and more.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
26 April 2021