We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer, who has the experience and capabilities to design connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Somebody who can create simple yet highly engaging, experiences tailored to address business objectives and user needs
Based in our Kyiv design studio, you will join a big professional team of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes strategists, fellow industrial and UX designers, software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Core skills and experience
- Understand, apply and promote our design-thinking process.
- Run user experience research activities to assess user needs, define target audience, usage scenarios, learn context of use.
- Compile user study reports with an introduction, executive summary, study findings, and future steps.
- Understand the client’s business model and placement of the created product within it.
- Evaluate the existing solution (or idea) for usefulness, effectiveness, and error-proofness.
- Generate solutions to business needs, and communicate the pros and cons for each.
- Benchmark ideas against industry best practices in a given context.
- Choose appropriate tools to create and present design solutions.
- Introduce the target audience to the development team, help to imagine the scenario of the product used by the audience, what special needs or expectations can arise that differentiate it from how developers would use it.
Create IA, user flows.
- Understand the UX philosophy for most popular platforms (web, mobile, smart devices UIs, etc.).
- Know how to enhance the user experience with and without access to end-users.
- Understand how the design solution influences overall application consistency.
- Passion for pixel-perfect interface design with approximately five years of experience in the field.
- Plan own tasks considering collaboration with the team.
- Search for additional info and feedback within the project team.
- Support written and verbal communication in order to plan further work, explain and document ideas, and secure feedback.
- Present work results in a form of structured documents and according to agreed deliverables.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability and desire to learn.
- Advanced spoken and written English for one on one communication with clients.
- Plan deliverables and budgets for new projects.
- Facilitate output-orientated workshops with clients and team members.
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time.
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn and ready to improvise.
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the client.
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation.
- Use digital design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Sketch, Principle or InVision.
- Communicate professionally in the spoken and written word.
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
(2I build.), Okhtyrskyi Ln, 7, Kiev, Kyiv city, 03680
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
Design / UI / UX