International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries.
Our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
In order to strengthen our real-time event streaming capabilities and know-how, we are looking for an ambitious Apache Kafka engineer. Our unit is responsible for innovations and operations of the group platforms for event streaming and data warehousing. These platforms are essential data ecosystem platforms for the data driven vision of our bank.
You will have a strong CEE focus and interaction with clients in 13 countries as well as several branches.
What you can expect:
• Setup and operations of Kafka Cluster managed on-premise and/or in cloud-based environments (AWS, Confluent Cloud)
• Definition of topics using Schema Registry
• Implementation of custom Kafka consumers
• Configuration of topics, producers, consumers
• Implement stream processing using KSQL
• Maintaining Kafka security and encryption
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems
• Knowledge of tools for containerization (e.g. Docker)
• Development experience with Java, REST APIs, microservices, message bus technologies
• Knowledge in CI/CD DevOps best practices and tools
• Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum)
• Define and drive the implementation of methodologies and new processes in accordance with the “big picture” of the group data architecture
• Participate and contribute in the international community of practice
What you bring to the table:
• Team player, intercultural skills, service orientation, high level of commitment and motivation
• Strong knowledge of English
• Result-oriented and structured way of working
• Strong analytical skills, able to analyse and design complex data flows and business processes
• Qualification to cover the above-mentioned responsibilities
• 2+ years of experience in the Kafka operated environments - preferable in financial services industry and 5+ year of Kafka experience
• Join our dynamic and motivated team in one of the leading banking groups in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe
• Strong support from an international banking & technology team
• Competitive Salary (based on EUR NBU rate)
• Long-term official employment, sustainable and stable working environment. Sick leave, paid vacation (31 days per year)
• Medical insurance
• Dedication and commitment to develop and educate our employees
• Possibility to travel and to contribute to and benefit from international communities
• Comfortable work conditions
About Raiffeisen Bank International
Raiffeisen Bank International considers Austria and Central and Eastern Europe its home market. In Austria, it is a leading commercial and investment bank for the country’s top 1,000 commercial customers. RBI is the only Austrian bank with a presence in both the world’s financial centres and in Asia, the group’s further geographical area of focus.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
24 March 2021