As the Live Ops & Monetization Manager you will be responsible for maximizing the lifetime value of our players. You will customize and optimize each player’s journey or each cohort of players’ journey and the events, sales, in-game experience and store configurations that are offered to them.
You’ll feedback to the design team as you continuously surface areas to improve the player experience and grow the revenue of the game.
• Build a comprehensive and detailed plan for in-game events, including sales, promos and limited-time events
• Directly manage the implementation of events (concept, asset management, asset development, configuration, experimentation, implementation)
• Work closely with QA to test all in-game events, sales and promotions
• Collaborate with your CRM Manager to synchronize and customize out-of-game messaging with in-game messaging (email, push notifications, in-app messages, surveys, etc) to support the daily, weekly and monthly calendar of player interactions/events
• Ensure that all events are supported with appropriate messaging to consumers and the effectiveness of the messaging is measured, reported on, experimented with and improved upon
• Work directly with the Product Owner to prioritize resources for tools needed to refine, automate and optimize the execution of in-game events, sales, promos, analytics/reporting, etc.
• Collaborate with game designers on new features and experiences which will enhance the player experience and player LTV
• Support the product feature and tools roadmap by surfacing unmet player and admin needs
• Work with the Product Owner and Product Manager to manage and refine the in-game economy
• Detect and surface game economy imbalances and concept/implement rebalancing plans
• Work closely with game teams and data analysts to identify, test and measure high-impact product changes that drive growth in revenue, engagement and retention
Be data driven:
— Set target KPIs for all initiatives and measure impact
— Learn and adjust future in-game initiatives to improve the player experience and increase Player LTV
— Work with your CRM Manager to apply the same approach with coordinated CRM initiatives
— Coordinate and configure the in-game communication, in addition to the CRM, to ensure all events are supported with the appropriate messaging to consumers
— Measure the success of all live ops initiatives and new product features and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-driven iteration
You’ll be collaborative, positive and enthusiastic in your approach to making the best quality casual social games around. You’ll have excellent attention to detail and a thorough knowledge of live ops and monetization.
You’ll also have:
• Excellent written and spoken English
• 4+ years working in a similar role at a mobile games company
• Relevant experience may include In-Game Monetization Manager, Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager or Marketing Manager (for in-game and out-of-game)
• Experience A|B / Split-Testing experimentation with resulting positive impact to the business (growth in revenue, engagement, retention)
• Experience with using player behavior segmentation to drive customized experiences for player enjoyment and engagement
• Experience analyzing data and forming a hypothesis about what is working/not working for our players
• Experience making data-driven decisions to improve the player experience and player LTV
• A successful track record of
- Hitting revenue/metric targets on a live game
- Identifying obstacles and working through solutions
- Identifying risks and making changes to the plan in real-time
• Experience with live operations and CRM platforms like Braze, Leanplum, Swrve, DeltaDNA, etc a plus
About GSN games
GSN Games is a leading provider of cross-platform entertainment, including social casino games and skill tournaments designed to fuel every player’s inner winner. Founded in 1999 as skill games site WorldWinner.com, the company has evolved into a premier social, mobile and online games company.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
16 February 2021