We are looking for an experienced RoR Team Lead to build a leading Fintech project as part of a senior team of Ruby Developers.
We are looking for experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to build a leading Fintech project as part of a senior team of Ruby Developers.
You will be working mostly with development from scratch and with a modern stack of technology (Rails version 6).
Our product is a leading mobile bank for emerging markets. It was started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently we are rolling out additional financial services while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
Qualifications for this position include:
● Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
● Work experience with microservices
● Knowledge of AWS or GCP cloud providers.
● A love for writing clean, efficient, readable code
● Full command of MySQL
● Strong writing and verbal skills in English.
The current technical stack includes:
● Our customer product is an android application that communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (Sidekiq, rspec)
● Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python)
● We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose)
● Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer)
● We have automated tests that run on Travis.
As a Senior engineer, you will:
● The main mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of a current Android application
● Decreasing the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features
● Improving an infrastructure which can handle over 2M clients
● Analysing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration
● Staying up-to-date on new technologies and architectures, and sharing it with the team. Eventually you will propose ways to implement them into our current software engineering process.
● А place with friendly environment where you can reach your full potential and grow your career
● Comfortable, modern and green office
● Flexible work schedules
● Work from home
● Social package: paid sick leave and vacation
Real Football, English courses, unlimited milk, fresh fruit and other goodies + medical insurance
● Green room with ping-pong and kicker and massage chair.
About Eastern Peak
Eastern Peak is an international IT company with headquarters in Israel and R&D center in Ukraine. We are more than just colleagues – we are family-friendly team that are ready to any challenges. The secret of our productivity is constant open-minded communication and creative atmosphere in our green office in the city center.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
31 May 2021