The Mapping team at Lyft is responsible for the platform that powers our routing and navigation. We are looking for backend server engineers with a passion for building highly scalable systems serving millions of users. You'll collaborate globally with software engineering, product, data science.
Backend Engineer at Lyft
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft needs experienced software engineers from a scope of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We improve and incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched. We are looking for an expert software engineer to join the Kyiv Mapping team.
The Mapping team at Lyft is responsible for the platform that powers our routing and navigation. We are looking for backend server engineers with a passion for building highly scalable systems serving millions of users. You'll collaborate globally with software engineering, product, data science, analytics, and operations on programs that empower us to iterate quickly, delighting our passengers and drivers.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs;
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code;
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge;
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices;
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution;
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal partners to achieve results.
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience;
- Experience with object-oriented programming;
- Experience in distributed systems;
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL;
- Write clear, scalable and clear design documentation;
- Design, build and improve a set of team owned components.
Lyft was founded in 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation and is available to approximately 95 percent of the United States population as well as select cities in Canada. Lyft is committed to effecting positive change for our cities by offsetting carbon emissions from all rides, and by promoting transportation equity through shared rides, bike-share systems, electric scooters, and public transit partnerships.
This job is no longer active.