GeoGuard is the global market-leader in the detection of location-based fraud. Working at the bleeding edge of technology, with Silicon Valley’s most famous names as our customers and partners GeoGuard, is seen as the best; and only wants to hire the best.
The Data Analyst in our Risk team contributes to GeoGuard’s success by researching and reviewing information on detecting location spoofing. We expect that the ideal candidate is hands-on, detail-oriented and highly motivated to help create data insights. You should be able to analyze data and gather actionable conclusions. You are comfortable and able to work under pressure and tight timelines. You enjoy working in small collaborative teams and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You have experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles and have a great passion for working in fast-paced development process environments.
This position will work closely with the Reporting, Data Analysts, Machine Learning specialists and Product teams by providing them with their findings. In addition, you will have the opportunity to influence the development plan directly, implementing your ideas.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include (but not limited to):
- Test current and past anti-fraud features on both client and server sides
Work with ELK stack (Elasticsearch + Kibana)
- Develop ad-hoc scripts based on requests
- Conduct research on location spoofing to help teams remain up to date on current practices
- Research geo-blocking bypass methods to reproduce location spoofing and find similar attempts in the production data
- Review reports, both internal and client reports, and appropriate SQL/Python scripts
- Organize data in an easily understandable format using graphs and pivot tables
- Collaborate with the Reporting & Data Analytics Teams in Vietnam
- Collaborate with a Machine learning team in Ukraine
- Accurately report hours spent on tasks in Jira
- Follow best practices and processes established by the team
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s technologies, process and teams
Skills and qualifications:
- Education or training in a relevant field
- Not less than 2-3 years of experience in the data analysis
- Advanced Windows or MacOS knowledge
- Knowledge of Python (scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy), MySQL, MongoDB
- Ability to work productively with minimal direction
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and spoken technical English, enough to discuss issues with teams remotely
- Motivating compensation: high competitive salary, bonus system, corporate language classes
- A personal development plan for each employee
- The chance to work with a motivated and talented international team
- Medical insurance
- Modern office space in the center of Kharkiv, near subway station “Naukova”
- We're always stocked up on snacks and coffee and have free lunches monthly
- Frequent team building events
If you have what we are looking for and would love to join our team in Kharkiv, we want to hear from you!
This position is located in Kharkiv, Ukraine. To learn more about us, visit www.geoguard.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.
GeoGuard is a leader in geolocation-powered fraud technology used to protect media and payment transactions worldwide.
Our patented and proprietary geolocation solutions are unparalleled in the level of accuracy, depth of security, and ease of integration. Uniquely tailored to match complex requirements and suited to locate users on any device.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
15 February 2021