Yola.com is a site-building platform with more than 13M users worldwide. Join us to help us to enable small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage, and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge.
Yola is looking for a Head of Engineering department.
As a Head of Engineering Department, you will be responsible for the engineering department management and effective engineering process implementation to grow the Yola product according to the Roadmap. You’ll manage, guide, and coordinate a smart and experienced engineering department (of several cross-functional scrum teams) that can solve any kind of technical and business problem.
We are a multinational company distributed within three continents, therefore proficient English is a must.
Who we are:
Yola.com is a site-building platform with more than 13M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage, and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Kyiv and Lviv, Ukraine.
- Manage and mentor all members of the engineering department;
- Monitor the performance of individual contributors and help manage their professional development;
- Be in charge of Roadmap execution, and delivery commitments;
- Be a people manager, empowering the engineers to make the biggest impact possible for the company while reaching their professional development goals;
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the Engineering department works efficiently (internally, and with other departments);
- Maximize team quality, teamwork, and team productivity;
- Plan Engineering department resources, build the best processes for the team, and analyze and eliminate defects in development processes and practices;
- Define and execute a hiring plan.
- 5+ years of managing development teams experience (20+ team members);
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals and can grasp technical concepts quickly;
- Has a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams;
- Has the ability to systematically break ambiguous problems down and build execution plans;
- Must be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
- Has experience with developers hiring and onboarding;
- Has experience in managing geographically distributed remote teams;
- Impeccable leadership, organizational, analytical, and time management skills;
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and mentoring;
- Advanced level using Jira / GitHub Issues;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Is curious and has a learning mindset;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to significantly influence our product roadmap and strategy, and technologies;
- Challenging work in the international professional environment;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- Paid sick leave;
- Team building events;
- Medical insurance;
- A social package, including gym membership, and English courses compensation (50%).
About Yola Inc
Yola is an American company founded in 2007 with headquarters in San Francisco, USA. Right now we are busy creating a solid and scalable global platform which disrupts the way people create, manage, and grow their online presence.
We are not building an application to create online — we are reinventing the Web itself.
We are a global team of overachievers who are also passionate and relentless in their missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride.
What makes us different
— We focus on quality: At Yola, we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We develop our own product so quality is the key. We have a burning desire for high code quality and architecture.
— We innovate: We encourage you to suggest changes to the process and the product and bring your own ideas to the table.
— We are fast learners who are looking for engineers who have a critical and open mindset and are not afraid to build fast, fail fast and learn from their mistakes.
— We have no red tape: You work directly with the decision makers in the team, meaning there’s very little hierarchy — and zero bureaucracy.
— We work hard not because we are told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
12 May 2022