Join Orbital and be a part of our mission to disrupt & revolutionize corporate treasury management. We are at the frontier of digital assets (crypto) and traditional (fiat) finance, bridging those two worlds for companies to globally manage their financial operations.
Our tech stack (must-have experience):
- AWS Services: Lambda, API-Gateway, DynamoDB, SQS, Eventbridge
- Serverless, Cloudformation
- Event-Driven Architecture
We leverage the latest technologies and patterns to produce performing and secure high-end products. Our ideal candidate would be familiar with the following:
- Event sourcing/CQRS
- Asynchronous applications
- AWS Serverless best practices
As a great Tech Lead we expect you to:
- Fully learn and understand the architecture of the product you are supporting, independently whether it's a legacy system or a greenfield project.
- Prioritise, divide and conquer. We don't expect you to write all the code yourself, but rather translate product requirements into technical implementation tasks, and split them across the team.
- Be involved in most major technical decisions. We have great architects to support you, but expect you to determine which decisions can be delegated to experts, which you want to own or use your whole team to resolve.
- Communicate. We expect you to be team focused and help its members to understand product requirements and technical implementation. Translate product jargon into technical one. Write design documents and get feedback on them.
- Overall we expect you to write code at least 30% of your time and mainly focus on productivity of your team.
Additional job expectations:
- Understand the business' mission and domain to find and implement tech solutions across the whole enterprise.
- Lead and manage implementation of complex engineering solutions.
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity to look outside the box for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Establish and maintain development standards and practices.
- Ensure maintainability and quality of engineering deliverables.
- Provide technical leadership to architects, developers, engineers across the globe.
- Display the highest level of personal integrity, initiative, and collaboration.
What we look for in you
- Motivated: About our product and making it a world-class solution through innovative tech.
- Customer-Driven: prioritises the user above all else
- Self-Starter: Unafraid of ambiguity, identifies what matters most and delivers, without waiting or apprehension.
- Ownership-taker: Owns the goals, and more importantly, their results.
- Communicator: Doesn't expect communication to happen but ensures it, with emphasis on excellent written communication.
- Kind: Treats everyone inside and outside of our organization with dignity, and respects differences in perspectives, opinions, and experiences.
Why Join Orbital?
- Work at a company which is a leading disruptor in financial services, banking and crypto.
- Bootstrapped from the ground up by 4 co-founders since 2017, now over 100 staff in
- 5 offices and many more remote workers globally.
- Already profitable.
- Undergoing our first investment round, and on track to become a unicorn by 2023.
- Everyone in the company has long term incentive through a generous Share Option plan.
- With offices throughout the UK, Gibraltar, Europe, India and Philippines, there are opportunities to work from any of our global locations.
- Your teammates are passionate about what they are building, and we take culture seriously.
🏠 Flexible working
📈 Stock options in a fast growing future unicorn.
🍷 Free beer on tap, and wine
🩺 Private medical (Rolls Royce of private health plan with medical history disregard)
💻 Choice of laptop (Macbook, Windows or Linux).
Work from wherever you want. No need to relocated. But if relocation is of interest, we can sponsor UK Visa and help with relocation.
Orbital is a London headquartered Fintech aiming to bridge the gap between traditional financial services and the world of digital assets.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
6 May 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni