Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know The Estée Lauder Companies’ full family of brands?
We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Faced... just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We’re committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It’s also home to bold technologists, marketers and ecomm renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.
With us, you can
● You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
● You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, scrum masters, QA, designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
● You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
● You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
What you will do
● Key role on a team of skilled front end developers working on our Checkout & Account across our branded e-commerce websites in the UK, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience.
● Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity.
● Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
● Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
● Code review & mentor other engineers
Our team is missing someone who has
● You have 3+ years of experience with PHP
● You have 2+ years of experience leading a development team, mentoring other engineers & working with the business to define & drive solutions
● You have experience working in e-commerce and you understand that the #1 priority is to keep the site shoppable for customers
● You have a thorough understanding of how to optimize your code for Performance & Accessibility
● You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
● You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly performant code
● You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
● You have expertise in CSS/SASS, with strong UX and design sensibilities, and the ability to meet build complex layouts and meet pixel-perfect design requirements
● You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
● You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
● You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
● You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
Will be a plus
● Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
● Experience with micro frontends
● Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
● Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
● Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
● Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)
Where talent meets opportunity!
AgileEngine is one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies in the US and a top-3 ranked dev shop according to Clutch. We’re always on the lookout for experienced and passionate software experts to build award-winning solutions that shape the way companies from over 15 industries operate.
Our team consists of 600+ like-minded folks passionate about software development, design, quality assurance, data engineering, and product management. We have extensive experience in helping large enterprises and the most innovative startups succeed. In particular, our leadership team led R&D teams at Appian, FINRA, and VMware as well as delivered engineering excellence at Google, Airbnb, and Uber.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
1 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni