QLEARSITE software is being developed in Odessa since 2015.Our product is an HR platform which helps businesses make scientific decisions about people. You will be focused on testing across all areas of a product, communication with developers and stakeholders, Odessa and London teams.
Our mission is to empower businesses and their employees to have honest conversations.
Do you like making an impact? Are you hungry for innovation, and inspired by driving change? At Qlearsite, we believe in the power of data-led storytelling. We want to help organisations know exactly how to improve their performance, and make their employees’ working lives better. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, then let’s start a conversation.
What we do
We’re building a better working world.
We build SaaS products that use cutting-edge language analysis technology and data-science driven insights to fuel shorter,smarter employee surveys, which create honest conversations that drive real change in companies: change for stronger organisations, and better working lives. See https://www.qlearsite.com/success-stories for more information about internationally respected companies across different industries that have benefited from our industry-leading technology.
Our commitment to diversity
Diversity matters. Inclusion is key.
We’re an equal opportunities employer, committed to not just building a diverse company, but one that is inclusive. Our own research makes it clear - diversity isn’t just good for humanity, it’s good for business too. One of our core survey solutions is designed to help organisations understand why they should make it a priority, and that’s exactly what we’ve done at Qlearsite.
Qlearsite technology is primarily a b2b SaaS/web-application, hosted in AWS, built on a modern micro-services infrastructure, powered by cutting-edge Data Science. The front-end is Angular-based, and tested with Cypress.
The Front-end Developer role is Odessa-based and sits in one of two Agile/SCRUM ‘Feature Teams'. Within your Feature Team,you will implement features through high quality code, with strong TDD code coverage. Both feature teams are product-oriented: on boarding new customers, and helping those customers get value from our services.
You will work in structured Sprints and take part in SCRUM ceremonies (refinements, retrospectives etc) alongside a Senior Front-end developer, as part of team of 8 (also including: 2x Java, 1x QA/automation, 1xUX/UI, 1x Product Owner, and a Technical Lead).
You will report to the Head of Front-end Development, also based in Odessa. The Back-end/Front-end/QA/UI designers will be based with you in Odessa, while Product Owners and supporting technical teams are based in London. You will also interface with other international teams, as Qlearsite has around 50 staff worldwide.
You will be given many opportunities to grow/progress in your role, independently and as part of a team.
Necessary skills and experience
- Middle-level Front-end experience, minimum 2+ years
- Experience with Angular framework
- Upper-Intermediate English speaker
- Problem-solving mindset, self-motivated to learn
- Aptitude to absorb the underlying domain problems your team is solving
- Desired skills and experience
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code
- Delivery focused approach
- Desire to work for a growing company
- Technical background/aptitude
- Experience of test-driven development
- Forward-looking, taking personal interest in emerging technologies
- Understanding of the software development process, and experience working on agile teams
Working at Qlearsite
- Innovative Technology
- Open source/latest libraries
- Strong TDD coverage, low tech debt
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Integrating with Java APIs
- Cutting edge Data Science
- Product focus (not custom solutions/services)
- Full adoption of SCRUM methodologies
- Dedicated self-managing teams
- Whole team collaborates towards making an impact,i.e., problem solving rather than prescriptive work
- A friendly team environment
- High standard of technical ability
- Open culture of communication and support
- Regular team social events
- Comfortable and cozy office
- Convenient location, easily accessible
- Good surrounding area, close to a university, 10 minute walk to the sea
- Parking for bicycles, shower
- Emphasis on continuous individual development
- Opportunities for growth/independence
- Annual progression and salary review, based on industry benchmarking
- English lessons with a professional teacher
Our passion for technology goes all the way back to 2001, when Yngve Tvedt and Christian Lundvang established Norse in Ålesund. Despite the fact that the dot com world had barely recovered after the bubble burst in the spring of 2000, the two founders decided they would build innovative technology companies.
However, it was never their intention to build another "cool" technology company. The founders built on their fascination for traditional industries to build technology companies that could help solve the major challenges the industrial companies faced. Since then, Norse has built technology for a number of disruptive start-ups, and through hard work, trial and error, has learned to master how to build innovative technology companies that make a difference.
In 2015, Norse expanded its activity to two different business areas: Norselab was created to focus on building meaningful technology companies from the ground up. We in Norse continue to build technology for these companies, but our main focus is to offer our external customers our specialized expertise for developing strategic digital projects.
In Ukraine Norse has 2 offices in Odessa and in Uzhhorod.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
3 June 2021