We are looking for a full-time Lead Software Engineer to join us in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
What you’ll do:
● Implement performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise technical initiatives.
● Build an open, positive, and energized culture.
● Collaborate effectively with a high-calibre team of software engineers.
● Design/architect/execute the building of new services for the BigCommerce platform.
● Build highly-available, distributed systems.
● Work closely with ops/infrastructure to improve our architecture and scalability.
● Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
● Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
● Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
● Collaborate with PMs, engineers, and stakeholders in all corporate offices to promote communication and coordination.
● Help establish team objectives in alignment with business goals.
Who You Are:
● 5+ years in software development with experience building/architecting systems with PHP.
● Experience building integrations with 3rd party REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extendable.
● Excellent knowledge of design patterns/SOLID principles.
● Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing.
● Solid UNIX knowledge.
● Experience with Agile methodologies.
● BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
● Advanced English.
Nice to have:
● E-commerce experience is highly desirable.
● Experience with Ruby, Scala etc. is highly desirable.
● Team-leading experience would be a plus.
Your own R&D center from scratch fully backed by our back-office services (Real Estate, RPO, Accounting & Legal, etc.).
DOU company page:
Job posted on
27 April 2021