- Excellent programming skills: following clean, self-documenting code approaches, thorough understanding of basic programming principles
- Passionate about learning new business areas and technologies
- Preferably 3+ years of SCD development experience
- Strong English (both oral and written)
- Delivering high quality code
- Refactoring existing SCD operation components and core system for enabling automation and Cloud
- In prospect developing of Cloud based tooling for SCD multi shard configuration and operation
- Participating in code reviews and other development processes and ceremonies defined by SAFe
- Proactively collaborating with teammates across Bedrock ART in Kyiv and Copenhagen locations
The goal of the project is to redesign and re-architecture the existing fat client (currently in a 2-tier architecture) to make it support a 3-tier architecture. That implies significant work within our DevExpress WinForms based client tier, as well as the creation of a new, highly scalable and multi-tenant capable service tier. At the core of the client is our UI Framework that has been developed during last 12 years. It is the foundation for all C# based application UIs that exist in SCD. Now we are working on redesigning this framework in order to have it decoupled from the application, business logic and database. At the core of our service tier is an OWIN server, through which the new client tier will interact with the service tier. The service tier is largely green-field development in .NET, but bridges to existing business logic on our primary technology stacks (.NET and APL).
The three key goals are:
1) After redesign is done the framework can be used to generate UI of existing APL and C# based forms in order to replace those UIs and prove that it is possible to have UI generated based on metadata form description / logical representation.
2) The new architecture implies that the WinForms UI can easily be replaced with Web UI without rewriting the whole thing, and both UIs can coexist at client to ensure smooth transition and good UX for clients.
3) The new service tier must be built, which should harness all existing business application code and expose it to the client tier via APIs. That new service tier is optimized for high scalability, efficiency, and multi-tenancy – aimed at cloud-native operation.
This job is no longer active.
C# / .NET