We are looking for a bright, smart, and highly motivated Big Data expert to help us build and grow our Big Data competence center
Are you thrilled about designing the right architecture for a new client and kicking it off at full scale in production? Are you good at putting a strong team together and leading it towards a project's success? Are you keen on sharing your knowledge and educating people around you? Then you are very likely to enjoy this role!
• Play a lead/supervision role for existing Big Data projects in various domains, designing and building large-scale data processing systems
• Involvement in consulting projects, such as technology audits
• Engagement of new clients, running discovery phases, supporting sales activities
• Sharing technical knowledge with team mates and customers
• Involvement into projects with the possibility to learn new technologies and accumulate best practices
• Solid development experience with Java, Scala or Python
• Data processing frameworks: Kafka Streams, Storm, Spark, Flink, etc.
• Experience in Data Warehousing/RDBMS technologies and back-end reporting systems
• Hadoop Ecosystem: YARN, HDFS, Pig, Hive, etc.
• DWH/RDBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, HBase, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, Impala, etc.
• ETL, data parsing, have an experience of working with different data types (Excel, EDI, CSV, etc.)
• Understanding of distributed computing, microservices and Lambda Architecture principles
• Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
• Experience with building and maintaining continuous integration/delivery pipelines
• Intermediate level of English or higher
About Sigma Software
Sigma Software provides top-quality IT services to customers in many areas. These include E-business, document management, government, telecommunications, military, aerospace, banking and financial services, real estate, advertising, tourism, entertainment and the gaming industry.
The company’s three major business areas are software products development and support, custom software development including mobile development, and IT consulting. We have extensive, advanced skills in E-business, document management and collection software.
Sigma Software is ISO 9001:2008 certified and a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. The company provides services to customers located primarily in Western Europe, the USA and Ukraine. The company has maintained regional offices in Kharkiv and Odesa since early 2005. In 2014 two more Ukrainian offices in Kyiv and Lviv started its operations. Company`s offices in Warsaw (Poland) and San Jose (the USA) were opened the same year. Sigma Software also has sales and support partners in Sweden, the USA, the UK, Switzerland, Germany and Austria.
Our customers choose us for our timely, quick and efficient communication, the trustful relationships we build, our personal attention, our strong desire and ability to solve problems, and our flexibility.
DOU company page: