Daxx is looking for Senior Python Engineer to join and expand Daxx New Client team in Kyiv
About the project:
We're a start-up looking for a very strong and experienced Python engineer to join our team, to support the development and enhancement of both web-service and algorithmic elements of our innovative AI-based search agent platform.
We are developing a paradigm-shifting search agent mechanism, involving a whole new search experience driven by AI (ML/NLP). Our first application is in product search, essentially replacing the standard ‘filter’ component in marketplaces and e-commerce sites. The result is a virtual agent that helps you to discover the right products for you – by helping you explore choices, stimulating you to consider alternatives, automatically processing your (potentially conflicting) preferences, and engaging with you through multiple channels (web, mobile, messenger) using natural language.
The team includes AI/ML, back-end, and UX resources. Our tech stack is currently based on Python and React. The first development phases have been completed, and an MVP for a fully functional marketplace is in place. This enables us to test all the core concepts, before moving to the development of components and a service backbone that we can deliver to marketplace/e-commerce players. You will strengthen the back-end team to take us through these important next phases.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
• Integrate user-facing and ML elements into the application
• Minimum 5 years of full-time post-university development experience
• You prefer working in a start-up environment
• You are flexible and dynamic, and comfortable with rapid prototyping, iteration and dealing with a level of uncertainty.
• Strong Python background, both from the perspective of algorithmic work as well as webserver
• Strong experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Strong experience of Web Services and API development using REST
• Experience with ORM libraries like SQL Alchemy
• Familiarity with ML and Natural Language Processing techniques and approaches in Python
• Familiarity with web UI technology such as React
• Familiar with working in distributed/remote teams
• Able to “think out of the box”, take on new ideas
• Good command of English, and comfortable with regular voice/video calls to discuss the way
• You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
• Direct cooperation with the customer
• Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
• Regular performance reviews
• Competitive Salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
• Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
Daxx is a Dutch tech company that builds development teams in Ukraine (Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro) for clients from the Netherlands, the US, the UK, and other countries.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.