Product Manager (Learning Tools)
The company has more than 15 nationalities on board, that work in small cross-functional teams to continuously improve and scale user experience. We offer remote working days and the possibility to use our platform for self-development. We challenge each other to learn more and faster while promoting creative power and free will. Personal growth, a friendly and hierarchy-free atmosphere are guaranteed!
Openness, effectiveness and global mindset are the main characteristics of our people. The company's goal is to make Preply a leading platform in online tutoring that will help people from all over the world achieve their life goals faster!
Company is currently looking for a Product Manager (Learning Tools) to help define and execute Preply’s product strategy, ensuring that our students are successful in reaching their goals, and our tutors have the tools and data necessary to teach effectively. Using data and qualitative feedback you will develop hypotheses and drive solutions that help Preply grow, and continue to redefine the way people learn online.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch.
- Develop and execute on product strategy, including new product initiatives, such as:
* Solve complex liquidity management problems, balancing global demand for learning
* Find the best tutors across the globe to teach with us
* Optimise our onboarding flows, ensuring our students have the best possible learning experience, and our tutors know how to best teach their students on our platform
* Dive into complex machine learning algorithms that help us match the right tutor with the right student, every time
* Work with our subject methodologists to redefine education in an interactive and multimodal environment
* Help us grow to enter new markets; create new product offerings targeted at entirely new customer segments
- Collaborate with a multicultural cross-functional team of technology, design, marketing, and data to build an amazing product
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product management (EdTech experience will be a plus)
- Experience building a product in rapid growth and fast paced environment, while supporting multiple initiatives at different phases of development with different needs
- Experience managing products through the entire life cycle – from inception to launch
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products to worldwide markets
- Strong analytical ability and proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions (You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests)
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
Hard Skills Required:
- A/B Testing platforms — experience with multiple platforms preferred
- Testing methodologies A/B, AB/n | multivariate
- Statistics/math/physics -- hard sciences background/experience
- Ability to map quantitative to qualitative
- Good understanding of retention/activation marketing
Additional Desired Hard Skills:
- An Understanding of design/UX
* understanding of the tools and technologies employed in making UI changes
* familiarity and comfort with rapid prototyping and qualitative customer testing
* familiarity with multi-modal user journeys and how various entry points/journeys can impact tests (and thus should be controlled for)
- Marketplace/subscription experience
* understanding of marketplace dynamics, and the need to balance both sides of the marketplace (sell/buy side)
* understanding of revenue dynamics, LTV, seasonality, YoY comparisons, churn
What we offer:
✔ Work in the same office with easy-going and open minded people from all over the world
✔ Easy-to-reach location in the city centre
✔ Active office life with biweekly gatherings
✔ Monthly bonus deposit for self-development on Preply.com
✔ Strong financial package, paid vacation and sick leave
✔ Possibility to become a part of a truly big story at the start of its development
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Preply's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Preply.
Apply for job
Job posted on
12 November 2019