We are looking for a Python Software Engineer to become a part of UENI team.
We are working on a technical stack of Kubernetes, Docker, PostgreSQL, Python3.7
As frameworks we have (Sanic, Flask, and some Django in older code).
- Python 3+ years. Flask is a plus. Django (some services are still on it, but we are migrating from it!).
- Experience with asyncio, Sanic, aiohttp is a big plus (we use Python 3.7)
- Previous container-based services development
- Docker, dotenv
- API design (REST)
- PostgreSQL as DB
- SQL, ORMs. We use PostgreSQL (gino + asyncpg)
- Have a good understanding of web security
- Best Practices Flake8 / Pylint
- Upper-intermediate English — both spoken and written
- Be a great team player at UENI
- Always look for an opportunity to grow and get new knowledge
- Be energized and engaged with product growth
- Help Product to become stronger
- Empowering our R&D teams, engineers, and data scientists to work at scale.
- Designing and delivering systems engineering and site reliability strategy.
- Assisting Dev/QA/Customer Success teams
- Troubleshooting problems, performing triage and recommending resolutions.
- Developing, testing, improving tools, systems processes, and documentation
- Work with brilliant people from 14+ nationalities who love what they do
- A chance to make your mark on a small company where your contribution will be noticed
- Career progression: personal development, autonomy, responsibility
- Competitive salary & generous equity options, employees eligible for grants every 6 months
- 24 days annual holiday
- Support for in-house and external training for professional development
- Centrally located office, fun team spirit, coffee & snacks on us
UENI’s mission is simple: bring local businesses online. When asked, most small business owners recognize the importance of being online. So why isn’t this already the case? The time, cost and complexity of creating and maintaining a relevant online presence are significant barriers for small businesses.
UENI was founded in 2014 to provide small businesses with an easy, low-cost way to get online and get new customers. We saw that the biggest pain points for small business owners was that they don’t have much time to build their online presence, they don’t have much money to spend on digital advertising, and they don’t want to navigate the complexity of what it means to be online today.
So we built something specifically for small business owners. Unlike website builders or digital agencies, UENI delivers a fully built website and listings on trusted, high traffic platforms with very little input from the business and for a very low cost. In fact, our starter product is free.
Small and micro businesses need to be empowered. They need financing, they need staff, they need an inviting storefront or van, and they need access to customers searching online. We at UENI are proud to have the chance to help the millions of local and family-run businesses compete by giving them a platform online.
Job posted on
15 August 2019.