Single.dk (single.dk) is a tool for finding the right one to share the life with. We believe that this process should be fun and meaningful. By surfacing more meaningful connections between our users, we can help singles find not just anyone, but the right one.
We’re one of the pioneers of online dating in Denmark and a household name. We’re growing and looking to expand internationally.
Our small team is currently based in Copenhagen and London and we’re hands-on with everything from research, product design, content and marketing, customer success and engineering and devops.
We use Rails 5.2 and soon Rails 6, Elasticsearch, Redis, React, React Native, Redshift, CircleCI, CodeClimate, AWS Rekognition etc.
We’re looking for a talented engineer to join us on our mission to help all singles find someone they’ll love. You’ll join our small and determined development team that together with the rest of our company, will make the best dating service ever.
- Build amazing new features with our product team – through brainstorming, research, maintenance and optimization;
- Identify and improve critical areas in our existing code base with a focus on simplicity and improved performance, testability and security;
- Contribute to technical architectural decisions concerning both our back end as well as auxiliary services such as indexing and relevancy scoring (Elasticsearch), caching tiers (Memcached & Redis), payment processing and deployment (AWS), marketing automation (Segment / Customer.io) and BI.
- Expert level of knowledge and at least 3 years’ experience in Ruby on Rails;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Experience with Git and GitHub;
- Good skills in integration and unit testing;
- Experience with CI/CD.
- You are a problem solver, motivated by crafting simple and effective solutions;
- You keep things simple;
- You care about the business implications of what you do. You don’t strive just after building something new and shiny – you understand the balance between craft, agility and bottom line;
- You’re excellent at communicating your ideas and beliefs – and understanding others’. You’re pragmatic and love to collaborate;
- You’re motivated by our mission to connect people and bring love to their life.
What's in it for you:
- An exciting position where your skills make a difference every day;
- A heartwarming and inspiring workspace with special importance to well-being and work/life-balance;
- Freedom and room to expand your skill set;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Lots of fun!
Ciklum is a top-five global Digital Solutions Company for Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations alike around the world.
Our 3,000+ Developers located in the Delivery Centres across the globe, provide our clients with a range of services including outsourcing software development, Enterprise App Development, Quality Assurance, Security, R&D, Big Data & Analytics.
Job posted on
11 July 2019.