The Information Extraction team is responsible for using machine learning to build the world's largest cross-merchant purchase graph from email. We build engines for email classification and field extraction. We leverage existing open source technologies and established machine learning approaches, but also innovate and research new techniques. And of course, we do all this at a large scale: hundreds of billions of documents.
The ideal candidate has strong software design and programming experience, expertise in machine learning, and Big Data technologies, and strong communication skills. You will be part of a diverse, flexible, and collaborative environment where you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge working with unique data and exciting applications. As a Senior Software Developer you will productionizing machine learning solutions and make sure they work at scale. You will work with world-class data scientists who hold MS/PhD degrees from top global schools such as Stanford University, University of Washington, Carnegie Mellon University, and National Taiwan University, and veterans from companies such as Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo!, and Twitter.
● Productionize the developed Machine Learning solutions
● You will be coaching teammates on delivering high-quality software using modern software development practices (TDD, Pair programming, CI/CD)
● Conduct / participate in design and code reviews, identify potential problems and performance issues, provide feedback and corrections, evaluate code compliance to standards
● Analyzing complex functions, procedures, and problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions that meets the specified requirements
● Making sure the engines scale well on high volumes of data
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
● 5+ years of experience in the design and development of software with a minimum of 3 years experience in Python development building large scalable applications
● Expertise in Database Design/Architecture, and developing RESTful services
● Experience with data architecture and ETL processes and tools
● Strong CS fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
● Excellent skills and experience in some or all of the following tech stacks: Python, Java, relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational data storage (eg. MongoDB, Redis)
● Experience with cloud computing stacks such as Amazon Web Services preferred
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Enthusiasm for working hard and having fun in a dynamic environment
Nice To Have
● Experience in Java
● Experience in Machine Learning
This job is no longer active.