Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information.
They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Process Engineering, you will support FMI by organizing and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business and operational areas and be dedicated to leading the Laboratory Automation Scrum teams. To succeed in this role, you need to be an individual with strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands. An effective Project Manager at FMI will have a tremendous impact on our ability to be more efficient with new releases and enhancements to the products that are transforming cancer care.
Responsibilities of the Agile Project Manager may include:
• Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Team Facilitation – Lead and develop high performing agile teams. Hold teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
• At a team level, coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the scrum team.
• In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus.
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software projects using Agile methodologies including 2+ years of managing projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Balanced business/technical background:
• Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Atlassian tools:
• Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Confluence equivalent.
• Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
• Prior experience working with automated laboratory systems in a regulated / clinical environment.
• Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Biology, Process Engineering, and/or related disciplines.
Social package - 100% compensation (medical insurance, sports, lunch delivery)
24-days paid vacation, 100% paid sick list
Relocation package for those who relocate to Kyiv to work at EPAM
Experienced specialists are provided with an opportunity to be promoted to Project Managers as well as relocate to other offices of EPAM around the world
Free English classes
Opportunity for self-realization
Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
Flexible working schedule
Corporate and social events (parties, football, tennis, etc.)
Job posted on
15 May 2019.