As a QA Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will have endless opportunity to help define new processes and leverage new technologies, help us in delivering the highest quality full-stack management solution for hotels, B&B’s, hostels, and vacation rentals all over the world.
Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will elevate the quality of our products and drive exceptional customer experience. You will be responsible for participating in the end-to-end product process, including daily technical discussions and test and release planning and execution. In a fast scaling company, you will have endless opportunity to help define new processes and leverage new technologies. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will help us in delivering the highest quality full-stack management solution for hotels, B&B’s, hostels, and vacation rentals all over the world.
What You Will Do:
• Drive a high-quality customer experience by controlling project quality.
• Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to achieve your automation goals.
• Create testing plans and scenarios across environments to ensure product test requirements are met.
• Write and execute automated and manual tests for web interfaces and APIs.
• Provide input during the architectural design process.
• Ensure all product requirements, documentation, and test plans are current.
• Help to build a strong testing culture.
You’ll Succeed With:
• 3+ years experience as QA Engineer for web applications.
• Experience collaborating across Engineering, Product, and Customer Success departments to deliver high quality products.
• Experience conducting both manual and automated testing.
• Experience generating test plans and reports.
• Experience working in agile software development processes.
• Experience with build systems and version control systems (Jenkins, Git).
• Strong understanding of QA processes and black box testing principles.
• Strong knowledge in test automation with Selenium WebDriver.
• Strong experience with API testing (REST, OAuth 2.0).
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Familiarity with Swagger and OpenAPI.
• Ability to estimate, plan, and execute test suites to meet project release dates.
• Ability to understand code and understand a complex software system.
• Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to compose and execute test cases based on specifications and use cases.
• Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
Nice to Haves:
● Experience testing API’s (Postman).
● Experience testing Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
● Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development (Gherkin) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
● Experience with performance and/or security testing.
● Experience with Protractor automation tool.
● Technical knowledge of databases, Windows, and linux operating systems.
● Experience with BlazeMeter or K6.
● Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket).
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open PTO policy, personal and professional development for individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
Cloudbeds creates cloud-based hospitality management software building the next generation of hospitality management solutions. We’re engineers, designers, hostel owners, hotel managers, big data experts, and avid travelers.
We’re made up of more than 200+ people in 30+ different countries and speak 17+ languages. We pride ourselves on being a diverse group of individuals who value different cultures, ideas, and walks of life. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we’re always looking for bright new people and personalities to join our family.
Although we do have three offices (San Diego, São Paulo and Dublin) more than 80% of our workforce is remote and it works for us. We believe people do their best work when they’re in an environment that works well for them, whether that’s an office, a coffee shop, or a hostel in South Africa. Because we allow people to find the best place to do their best work, our attrition rate is less than 5%.
This job is no longer active.
Get new jobs by e-mail
Describe what you’re looking for and Djinni will send you