Alinea International has been contracted by the UK Government to establish a strategic communications support platform. This platform will support Ukraine government communications activities and priorities by assembling top talent in a format designed to meet the increased public demand for transparent communication caused by Russia’s illegal full scale invasion of Ukraine.
Scope of work:
The expert will ensure all activities are delivered in time and are appropriately documented. S/he is expected to work closely with the Deputy Team Lead in Ukraine and participate in relevant project meetings. The broad scope under this position includes the following components:
• Produce text-based content for multimedia creative products aimed at an array of audience segments within Ukraine
• Work cross-functionally with the Alinea Strategic Communications Support Team to provide writing support to communication and social media campaigns.
• Translate highly technical data, policy, and updates into tangible and relevant proses that can be used across a variety of social media platforms and communication campaigns.
• Provide timely and appropriate drafts and documents on a number of competing prioritise and projects for various stakeholders.
The expert is expected to meet the following requirements related to her/his qualification, skills, and professional experience:
• Demonstrated experience in writing on/to inform strategic communication campaigns for donor-funded projects and/or government institutions in Ukraine and other relevant geographies in Eastern Europe.
• Experience in working with international development organisations and familiarity with campaign writing and reporting in donor-funded projects.
• Demonstrated understanding of interpreting analysis to include its meaning, importance, and implications.
• A natural storyteller who can interpret the data and collate it into usable storying to inform campaign planning.
• Experience of planning behaviour change campaigns aimed to influence/change specific behaviours and actions of target audiences to achieve positive impact.
• Demonstrated experience working for social impact projects and campaigns supported by international donors, government agencies and the private sector.
• Experience in crisis communications and social media.
• Ability to working in ambiguity is considered a strong advantage.
• Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian, written and spoken.
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
About ALINEA INTERNATIONAL LTD (Ukraine Office)
Alinea is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea (former Agriteam) presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
21 November 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni