Our customer is the global innovation leader in emergency collaboration technologies. Their technology unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers (ECCs) onto one simple platform. By using innovative cloud-native tools like live video, instant chat, dynamic location and more, ECCs can now fully connect to an incident, sharing the information with emergency units, increase its response efficiency and ultimately save lives every day.
The platform is being used in over eight countries around the world and we provide services to over 400,000,000 people in partnerships with companies like: Google, Cisco, Amazon and Microsoft.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the infrastructure, security, and CI/CD process for our real-time life-saving ecosystem. You will manage and support our AWS cloud infrastructure, research new tools and processes that will help us deliver better products and SLA.
As part of the team you will drive our journey towards streamlined and automated developer experience.
Here’s what you’ll be working on
- You will be part of a DevOps team who will play a significant role in the definition and implementation of the AWS, Docker and Kubernetes platform strategy, HA/ DR, including architecture, design, roadmaps, and enabling various apps to adopt such technologies
- Working in a collaborative culture with Dev and App owners.
- Part of the job also includes resolving JIRA tickets in the areas of Cloud, CICD, deployments, monitoring, etc.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo to bring new ideas and innovation to the team
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools, improving system health and reliability
- Document and provide cross-training to peers for projects and products worked on
- Ensure service uptimes to maintain the SLA-driven uptime
- At least 5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in a cloud environments
- Strong Solutions Architect experience with AWS, preferably AWS certified
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, specifically with EKS
- Strong experience with CI/CD automation using Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Passion for automation and great developer experience
- Significant experience with scripting using Python or another programming in the area of DevOps
- Understands API’s, microservices concepts
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure As Code (IAC), Terraform, and how we exercise that in AWS or any public cloud
- Able to contribute beyond just coding /automation (code reviews, demos, proof of concept solutions)
- Strong Linux Systems skills or working on Linux servers
- Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture
What we offer you
- Be a part of a global innovation emergency platform
- Remote work from Poland or Portugal
- 20 days of paid vacation (annually)
- Paid sick leaves (annually) 5 days
- Flexible working schedule
AppReal is a boutique software development company that works only with International customers in dedicated team model. It means that we build offshore teams for long term projects. Candidates that join AppReal enjoys stability in reliable company.
We specialize in different domains such as: Hyper Casual Games, Casual Games, Medical, Health, Entertainment, Public safety and more. Our team consists of FE & BE developers, artists, QA, Project managers and more.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
21 November 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni