About the project:
Our client is on a mission to transform their data environment. With numerous isolated MS Access databases, spreadsheets, and regular processes, their aim is to integrate, automate, and streamline data assets. They're searching for a Data Engineer with a robust understanding of programming languages, particularly Python, and hands-on experience with SQL databases. If you have a logical and strategic approach to problem-solving, are adept at navigating changing data environments, and can thrive in both structured and unstructured data environments, we'd love to connect.
Stage: legacy - 10+ years.
Timezone requirements: EU standard hours are fine.
Location requirements: only EU.
Client team: UK-based in-house team.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering;
- Proficiency in a programming language, ideally Python;
- Solid experience with SQL databases;
- Demonstrated ability to design and work with star schema models;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing data environments and restructure processes as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field.
Would be a plus:
- Certification in Alteryx or other ETL tools;
- Experience working with MS Access databases and spreadsheets;
- Familiarity with automation tools and scripting languages;
- Familiarity with handling and processing CSV files and other unstructured data;
- Previous experience in data cleanup and migration projects.
- Design, develop, and test data integration and processing workflows;
- Extract and process data from various sources to be structured into star schemas;
- Utilize SQL databases and ensure optimal storage and querying capabilities;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure data quality, consistency, and integration;
- Document and maintain data workflows and processes;
- Propose and implement automation solutions, optimizing for scalability and flexibility.
Why choose us?
- “Family and Friends”. We are no longer a start-up, but we still, have a family atmosphere in our supportive and spirited team, who are all working together on the same goal.
- “Just break down all barriers and find a better way”. Every day you’ll meet with interesting and challenging (international) projects that cover industries from commercial aviation to fintech (different technologies, different products).
- “Hungry for learning”. You will get a lot of chances for career advancement and the development of new skills, mentorship opportunities, or learning from more experienced colleagues.
Benefits from 8allocate:
- You’ll work with a supportive and spirited team of professionals.
- Corporate events, holidays, and team buildings for your joy.
- Training and development: we have a huge library (about 500 books!) and a budget for your professional development.
- Coverage of psychologist sessions.
- Сoverage of sports activities.
- People-oriented management without bureaucracy.
- Paid vacation and sick leaves.
8allocate is a provider of software development solutions to companies all over the globe, from North America to the EU. We deliver market-ready solutions for FinTech/InsurTech, eCommerce, AI, Web, Mobile, and other domains.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current