This role is dedicated to applied research. In our initial phases, we are committed to understanding and leveraging the state-of-the-art, while in future phases, we will advance it. Primarily, the researcher will contribute to the design of new architectural solutions.
- Design, specify and verify distributed systems by leveraging formal and experimental techniques.
- Build proof of concepts and prepare executable specifications for the development team.
- Regularly going through papers, bringing new ideas and staying up-to-date.
- Conducting theoretical and practical analysis of the performance of distributed systems.
- Collaborating with both internal and external contributors.
- Presenting internal and external research results (internal documents, blog posts and presentations).
- Architect and prototype novel blockchain-based and blockchain-adjacent software solutions to enable new features, improved performance, cross-chain integrations, and more for our clients
- Write proposals for new research and development, including detailed project plans with milestones and developer time/cost estimates
- Write specifications and supporting documentation to help developers implement our solutions
- Peer review research, proposals, and code
We are looking for:
- Strong background in Computer Science and Math.
- 3+ years of experience
- Familiar with cryptography and/or blockchain stack, including front-end, back-end, smart contracts, and protocol layers
- Experience building blockchain protocols or applications
- Ability to break down complicated concepts into simple language
- Writing technical articles, specifications, and white papers
- Deep understanding of cryptography and security in the context of blockchain
- Comfortable reviewing code in the absence of documentation
- Some experience with Go ( preferred ), Rust, C++ (at least one ) + Solidity
- Understanding of distributed systems & peer-to-peer network protocols
- Ability to proactively plan, lead, execute, provide updates, and be accountable for projects
- Strong interpersonal skills when collaborating with users and teammates
- Eager to constantly learn, ask questions, and deepen your understanding
Nice to have:
- Understanding of how online game systems are designed is a big plus.
- Experience writing academic articles and publications.
- Masters in Computer Science or a Doctorate is preferred.
- Flexible work hours;
- Remote/Hybrid work options;
- Hardware (if needed);
- Unlimited vacations;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Team buildings;
- Last but not least — we offer equity.
About Limitless Labs
🚀Welcome to Limitless Labs, a Ukraine-based gaming startup. We're creating a complete solution to disrupt the gaming world. Our vision is to put games and virtual worlds on-chain, which means opportunities for new in-game economics, extensibility (especially for modding communities), and governance.
It is high time to join an early-stage startup and make a real impact on the gaming world!
Our founder's team has already accomplished a lot - 2 times a16z backed, founded a multi-app company with 250 million downloads, launched a fund which gathered $10M+ for humanitarian needs, and our own title with 56k+ users.
Join our close-knit tribe that values individuality, nurtures culture, and celebrates creativity & innovation. Fearlessly pioneer the future of gaming with us! 🌟🎮
— Honesty & Authenticity — we are true to our potential, accountable & reciprocate others.
— Essentialism & Ownership — we do things that matter the most because the impact is the way.
— Love & Care — we are mindful and intentional at every step; it’s important not to sleep at the wheel when interacting with others and always take their feelings into account.
— Relentless Resourcefulness — we always find the way.
— Bravery & Resilience — we are pursuing a brighter world for all and can weather any storm together.
— Flexible work hours;
— Remote/Hybrid work options;
— Hardware (if you need);
— Unlimited vacation;
— Professional development opportunities;
— Team buildings;
— Last but not least - we offer equity.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
20 November 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni