The Business Technology Solutions Lead will serve as the bridge between business objectives and technology capabilities. As the BTS Lead, you will collaborate with various departments and external partners on behalf of our business units to ensure that technology solutions align with business goals, are delivered efficiently, and drive meaningful value.
Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or data and analytics solutions. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. This is an expert-level role requiring independent action to establish methods and procedures on new and/or special assignments.
You will be expected to
· Know and understand Jabil business strategy
· Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
· Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
· Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
· Consult and Inform Enterprise Architects and Senior IT Architects to design and deliver solutions
· Earn trust of clients and management
· Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
· Learn, follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
· Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery, availability, and performance
· Researches technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
· Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
· Develop expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture,
· Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
· Mentor IT professionals
· Develop project plans and influence project organization
· Apply recognized system sizing methodology
· Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
· Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
· Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
· Define management tools to support production environment
· Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
· Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
· Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Training & Development
· Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
· Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets
· Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
· Strong soft-skills with the ability to communicate effectively and translate complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders.
· Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
· Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
· Develop peer relationships with Senior IT Architects
· Understand, articulate, and prioritize business needs to ensure alignment with technology solutions.
· Engage with business units to gather, refine, and document business requirements.
· Collaborate with IT COEs to determine the best solutions — whether to adapt existing systems, buy third-party solutions, or build new ones.
· Oversee the end-to-end solution delivery process, ensuring timely completion within the budget.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Required expert functional knowledge in SAP Procure-to-Pay (MM, PU, IMWM, PP and FICO modules)
Will be a plus:
· Expect high-level functional knowledge in SAP Order-to-Cash (SD, LE, GTS)
· Knowledge and experience working in an Agile methodology
· Knowledge of SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
· Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
· Knowledge of UML or ArchiMate
· Knowledge of cloud technologies
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in a related discipline or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
Preferred Experiences / Certifications:
· Experience in a customer facing and/or consulting role
· Experience in the manufacturing and/or supply chain domain
· Professional certifications related to business analysis, project management, or technology.
· Open CA Level 1: Certified
· TOGAF 9 Foundation
· ArchiMate 3 Foundation
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
We are a business-to-business (B2B) engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and design services company. Many of the world’s best companies use our services to get their products to market. It's our mission to not just help them succeed but to help them succeed better, faster, and more effectively. At our core, we are humble and united with an unshakeable commitment to caring about our people, our communities, and our environment. That's how we’ve built this company for over half a century and will continue with pride for future generations.
We are creating fulfilling career opportunities where you can make a difference and get encouragement for your efforts and contribution. We provide all necessary conditions to support growing and learning: exciting projects, flexibility and constant improvement, talented colleagues who are ready to share their experience and knowledge.
Say yes to OPPORTUNITY. Join us. When you succeed, we succeed.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
18 November 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni