Looking for a strong middle/senior backend developer to be the Lord of the weather radar data.
This area is really a thing on our project since radar coverage is the primary value for your audience.
Please kindly note that this role involves both Backend (mostly) and DevOps (less) routines.
We’re a Ukrainian team developing the mobile weather app RainViewer used worldwide.
RainViewer gathers and processes weather radar data through 80+ countries and has almost the biggest weather radar coverage on the market.
About us in brief:
* Product company, est.2017, up to 20 employees
* Google Play, App Store avg. rating 4.5*, 3m+ downloads
* Fully remote
* Mobile development
* Build automation, testing (both Unit and manual)
* Scrum+Kanban, Jira
What to do:
* Weather radar data management (obtaining, processing, cleaning, transforming, and geolocating weather data, received from the weather radars worldwide)
* API management (support and enhance the weather radar data API)
* High-level architecture support using the most appropriate tools
* Participating in code review/ global changes planning/ refactoring to maintain high-quality code
* 3+ y in backend development
* Algorithms: Strong knowledge of algorithms and math
* Experience in writing unit tests
* Good understanding of the microservices approach
* Experience in building distributed, high-availability systems
* SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
* Linux (Ubuntu, Debian)
* PHР (any level)
* Python (any level)
* AWS (incl Amazon S3)
Nice to have experience in/with:
* Machine Learning (ML) experience
* PyART, Wradlib, PySTEPS libraries
Fully remote team
Tax compensation (UA)
Competitive remuneration level
No time trackers/screen recorders
Working hours are a subject to discuss, flextime
4+1 week (Friday is an optional day)
RainViewer(est.2017) is a complete weather radar app, with forecast and rain alerts. Available for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android devices. RainViewer has almost the biggest weather radar coverage in the market and is available for 80+ countries. It displays composite precipitation animation processed out of all 1000+ doppler radars with the possibility to view info about each and every radar on the map.
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current