The CIS Technician (Helpdesk & Support) reports to the CIS Officer-IT. As part of the CIS Division, the CIS Technician (Helpdesk & Support) will contribute to the efficient and effective accomplishment of the assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The CIS Technician (Helpdesk & Support) will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Ukraine Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for Locally Contracted Staff Employed by EUAM Ukraine, Serving in Ukraine, to perform the following tasks:
• Assist in the configuration, operation, technical management and maintenance of all CIS hardware and software;
• Assist in the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of all CIS software, systems and devices;
• Assist in the implementation of back up policies, safe storage of critical data;
• Assist in analysing, identifying and resolving user problems;
• Ensure a prompt delivery of technical services, help desk support, standardization, preparation and maintenance of applications, diagnosing and resolving reported technical issues;
• Provide support for all CIS related issues, organise repair and replacement of CIS related devices/equipment, ensure the proper functioning of all CIS equipment in his/her area of responsibility;
• Contribute to the support and training for users of various applications/software;
• Assist in the preparation of requisitions for required materials and services within the Mission;
• Monitor the implementation of the guidelines and procedures for CIS support;
• Provide reports of executed tasks and status of CIS support to his/her supervisors and give recommendations where needed;
• Provide telephone, on-line and on-site assistance with problems relating to the use of CIS equipment and software (e.g. e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, database applications, Internet browsers, workstation operating systems, radios, telephones etc.);
• Configure and install new hosts (e.g. computers, servers, network devices etc.) and hardware (e.g. printers, scanners etc.) in the LAN environment and prepare them for use with server based network services, in accordance with CIS standards and SOPs;
• Ensure that the Mission’s CIS assets are used optimally and efficiently and make recommendations as required;
• To take account of gender equality and human rights aspects in the execution of tasks;
• Handle information with confidentiality and discretion;
• Perform any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
Qualifications and experience
• Enjoy full civil rights and do not have criminal record;
• Citizenship of Ukraine and/or holding permanent resident and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
• Successful completion of Post-Secondary studies attested by a diploma in CIS studies or a closely related field;
• After having obtained the diploma, at least three (3) years of proven full time relevant professional experience in Information and Communication Technology in the private and/or public sector.
• Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian, both oral and written;
• Possess very good communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
Additional advantageous assets:
• Knowledge and/or experience with radio and telephone systems;
• Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
• Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity;
• Relevant Microsoft and open source certifications.
• Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
• Ability to focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
• Ability to deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure;
• Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members;
• Ability to work methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
• Used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
• Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team, with respect to diversity;
• Punctuality, commitment to quality, ability to perform under stress, attention to detail, solid work ethics, willingness to work flexible working hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts.
About EUAM Ukraine
In December 2014, the EU Advisory Mission Ukraine (EUAM Ukraine) was created, and international advisors were brought to the country from Europe. The events of the Euromaidan Revolution of Dignity in 2013-2014 deepened the distrust of the Ukrainian public towards government and security forces following a series of violent events involving protesters, riot police, and unknown shooters in the capital Kyiv. That is why the Ukrainian government reached out to the EU for support to reform law enforcement and the rule of law institutions and re-establish trust with the people.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
15 November 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni