Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Poland (Kraków/Katowice/Warszawa/Łódź/Rzeszów).
It is a mixed work mode with some office presence expected, probably 3-4 times per month for teamwork and meetings, to help build teamwork and team spirit - ul. Przy Rondzie 4, 31-547 Kraków
Our client is one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom and serves millions of customers weekly in the stores and online. They operate in Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia in Europe, offering customers daily value.
The project’s team builds products that power the engine of the Supply Chain that makes sure customers get what products they need when they walk into the client’s store or shop through other channels. They influence product availability through advanced forecasting and proper ordering. It's challenging since it needs to be done while keeping waste reduction and optimal stock holding. It helps keep the operational costs in control and helps the bottom line. The more they save, the more they can pass on to the customers w.r.t the right price.
It’s fun since the client is building better capabilities on newer platforms. It involves a lot of learning since we are transforming forecasting intelligence into algorithms on big data platforms. They crunch a large history volume, react to recent trends and promotional events, and turn demands into the correct orders for suppliers and stores.
The nature of the products lends itself to real-time data inputs, machine learning, and applied statistics, safely allowing them to say it’s a great problem space to work in and help solve. The team takes responsibility for the software's entire lifecycle, practices continuous integration and delivery, and supports their code to production and beyond.
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience
- 4+ years in a big data platform
- Expertise with Hadoop
- Experience with Spark, Spark SQL
- Hive (HiveLLAP)
- Hbase, Phoenix and other SQL and NoSQL (Druid, Kylin would be added advantage)
- Hands on with data ingestion and transformation (Sqoop/Nifi/Flume/kafka, consuming APIs)
- Understanding of how to efficiently structure data on HDFS (columnar stores, compression, partitions)
- Good experience with productionizing algorithms
- Design/Develop Batch and Streaming Framework , when to use which
- Ability To give design for Streaming Applications
- Ability to turn a business problem into an algorithmic formulation (incl. break down into multiple parts if necessary)
- Understanding Of ML Techniques
- Enabling build of data platform capabilities – BackTesting, disaster recovery, Querying engine for analysts etc
- Problem solving, analysis and computational skills. You are comfortable designing systems and reasoning about them. When tackling problems, you take a thorough and logical approach to solving them and you retain ownership through to resolution.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
Experience working with data, algorithms and setting up solid data platform capabilities
- Depth of professional software engineering experience and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience of running and supporting software in production
- Consistently deliver against the product and engineering backlogs.
- Support your and your team’s code all the way to production. Lead and evangelise the use of Monitoring & Alerting tooling ( Splunk ) in order to “do production right”.
- Adhere to the processes, designs and systems your teams have agreed to.
- Contribute to the definition of features for services owned by your team.
- Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new Engineering processes and practices.
- Customer focus. You find the right balance between outcome delivery and technical excellence.
- Be a technical authority on one or more technical areas of your team, someone the rest of the team turn to for engineering advice or guidance.
- Lead on team architecture and design discussions.
- Manage technical discussions with stakeholders beyond your team
- Lead in the setting of coding standards, testing standards and operational best practices
- Mentor less experienced developers
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in our welcoming office.
- Comprehensive medical insurance after one month.
- MultiSport card with access to 2500 sports facilities all over Poland
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- 15 vacation days, 10 national holidays, sick leaves, family days off.
- Educational activities reimbursement on the monthly basis.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year and other holidays.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!
About Svitla Systems
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in Silicon Valley. We deliver unparalleled value to our customers, who rely on our expertise in managed teams and build-to-order software applications.
Founded in 2003, Svitla Systems is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro and Germany). If you are looking to scale up your technical team quickly, we are your trusted glocal partner.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current