SciPlay, a leader in high quality social casino games, is looking for an Art Director that sets themselves apart from the rest. As the Art Director, you will lead our art team, the creative direction, and development processes to deliver engaging art within technical limitations. Responsible for the timely creation of all highest quality art within the studio and accountable for the training and growth of all artists, illustrators and animators within the Games team. Well-versed with scheduling of art asset creation, the documentation and delivery of art assets to the Engineering team, and communicating schedules to management. Capable of guiding the artistic design of a project from concept to completion as well as responsible for the overall artistic direction of a game.
Some day-to-day tasks would be ensuring that our team is creating high quality materials while driving the development of your team and projects. You will be instrumental in our game’s visual strategy, and roadmap for the future. You will work alongside our Executive Producer to ensure the creative strategy and vision meet our standards and continue to make our games the best games on the market.
● At least 5-7 years previous experience as a Sr. Artist or two years of experience as a Lead Artist in a production environment with a focus on creating original illustrations and animations.
● Understand how to create art for various themes and platforms.
● Gaming experience in Online and Social gaming space
● Proficient in understand of Adobe CC products
● Unity knowledge and understanding
● Knowledge of 2D Art Direction
● Understand technical aspects and limitations of art creation in game development
● Drive and manage art assets flow and allocations between artists to ensure continual pipeline and flow for engineering development.
● Recommend best practices for Art process flow, creation process and communication & knowledge sharing with Artists community.
● Possess the ability to create art and animation for all game aspects (screen layout, lobby backgrounds, etc) to hand off to studio programmers.
● Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees
● Create highest caliber of original art and set expectations properly to get the highest caliber of art from studio artists
● Display expert proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator and show proficiency in at least two or more art software applications.
● Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
● Communication between engineers, product managers, and artists to package assets in the most efficient manner
● Have the judgment to determine which art issues are critical to our success
● Create consistency in creative materials across all art disciplines on the team
● Lead your team by defining visual and artistic standards
● Find opportunities of improvement or challenges within the creative process
● Evaluate multiple concepts and solutions for various projects and determine which ideas are worth pursuing
● Work with the Production team to manage projections and assignments
● Research, explore, and communicate best practices in art and discern which competitive ideas are most effective; lead the development of goals, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
● Develop and provide continuous quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
● Take responsibility for the timely completion of art assets for assigned studio games and products.
● Create, document, and communicate all project schedules to the studio and management
● Show efficiency in self-managing time with a high degree of accountability and minimal instruction
● Social package: paid vacation and sick leaves;
● Insurance coverage;
● Conferences compensation;
● Recommendation bonuses;
● Comfortable office in the city center;
● Regular team buildings and other events;
● Work-life balance;
● Friendly environment.
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers seven core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown and 88 Fortunes Slots.
SciPlay utilizes a disciplined, data-driven approach to create a portfolio of games that spans markets and appeals to a wide range of players, and gathers and analyzes data to fine tune the game play experience and enrich its games.
SciPlay is a global organization powered by a culture of innovation. Our management team has more than 300 years of combined experience in the digital entertainment business and is supported by a diverse, collaborative team spanning three continents and five studios. Our executive leadership team emboldens our innovative, entrepreneurial spirit to guide us toward our goal of providing best-in-class player entertainment in the casual gaming industry.
DOU company page: