Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Site Reliability Engineer. Successful candidate will join client team
Responsible for managing, maintaining, enhancing and strategic development of all Windows Server related technologies in EMEA as well as internationally. The role will be focused on the reliability and efficiency of Windows Server infrastructure through the delivery of common, repeatable tools and processes that greatly reduce the amount of routine operations the Platform Operations team must perform.
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary locations are Kiev, Warsaw. We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
• Develop software to make infrastructure services self-managing and self-service
• Deliver continuous service improvement by developing Infrastructure as Code
• Eliminate manual, repetitive, automatable, tactical tasks that are devoid from value
• Improve system performance, make effective use of resources, distribute load and reduce latency
• Identify SLO’s (Service Level Objectives) to meet availability and latency objectives
• Develop pro-active monitoring solutions that alert on symptoms and not just on outages
• Perform detailed root cause analysis (RCA’s) on incidents and outages to prevent future
• Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
• Identify technical debt and partner with application teams to build remediation plans
• Develop standard operational procedures and produce effective documentation
• Analyse workloads and devise suitable cloud migration strategies where appropriate
• Ensure all project / investment workloads are delivered according to plans and budget defined
• Liaise with Infrastructure Control and IT Risk teams to satisfy internal and external audit requests
• Deputise for team lead when required to do so and act-up accordingly
• Identify cost saving and optimisation opportunities across the group
• Build strong working relationships across the organisation
• Adhere to the core values of the bank
• Perform daily health and compliance checks for all systems as required
• Ensure all systems are backed up successfully and any issues are promptly resolved
• Validate monitoring alerts and batch job failures are detected promptly and satisfactorily resolved
• Ensure sufficient capacity is available to accommodate drive growth
• Respond to emails sent to the team distribution list / mailboxes in a timely manner
• Handle incidents and requests with efficiency and a “customer first” mindset
• Maintain infrastructure in a highly available, reliable, secure and performant manner
• General Server / Database / Virtualisation Administration maintenance activities
• Provide technical support to application support and development teams
• Provide consultancy to application support and development teams
• Take part in On-Call & weekend work rotation; triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Windows Server internals and related technologies
• Excellent skills in managing and maintaining Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and Kerberos
• Extensive experience in hardware performance monitoring and tuning complex low latency systems.
• Agile, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps Principles and practices
• Exceptional knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as PowerShell, Python and C#
• Fluent in Backup and Recovery processes and procedures
• Advanced knowledge of Clustering, High-Availability, Replication and Disaster Recovery techniques
• Ability to tune Network, Storage, Server and Virtualisation layers for optimal performance and reliability
• Excellent Performance Tuning skills, in-depth knowledge of system internals, performance counters and performance measurement and analysis tools.
• Ability to interpret and implement CIS security hardening recommendations in a controlled manner
• Acute awareness of Security and Auditing requirements in a regulated environment
• “Infrastructure as Code” Principles and practices.
• “Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD)” Principles and practices
• Git, Ansible, Terraform and TeamCity
• Serena Deployment Automation (SDA) and Jenkins
Nice to have
• Experience on writing, managing plays/playbooks on AWX / Ansible Tower
• Advance working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker container orchestration
• Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase ASE, MongoDB and Snowflake
• IBM Tivoli / Netcool
• Nutanix HCI and VMWare ESX
• Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN’s)
• RHEL, Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris and related technologies
• Cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle
• Knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX
• Dell EMC PowerStore (SAN) and Isilon (NAS)
• Rubrik, EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
• Cisco Tetration
• JIRA and Confluence
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current