We are looking for an engineer with good understanding of how computing networks operate and different layers of the network. And, deep knowledge of how TCP operates, how TLS and HTTPS operates, as well as more modern protocols, like HTTP/2.
There is an open-source networking library, ServiceTalk, on top of Netty (Java library). There is a lot of legacy code inside product that uses Apache HtppClients. There are adapters that bridge from Apache APIs into ServiceTalk. They are looking to scale development of these ServiceTalk adapters.
This is the team in AMP Architecture. They are the Platform team providing Java networking tools.
The project is in active development phase.
Min requirements to the candidate:
• Strong proficiency and experience in Java, open source HTTP frameworks and API design
• Experience with Reactive Java and asynchronous Java development
• Detailed knowledge and experience working with network stacks and internet protocols
• Experience with performance critical applications and optimization
• Experience driving product features, functional specifications, and development schedules, represent team and technology
• Be an advocate and driver for proven engineering practices
• Team leader experience
• Strong interpersonal, communication and network building skills
• Proven documentation and technical writing skills
Nice to have requirements to the candidate:
• Linux networking and socket experience a plus
What tasks the candidate will work with?
• Supporting of the existing system and refactoring
• Development of new services and APIs
What is good about project?
• Work with other senior developers in clients team
• Challenging and complicated tasks to work with non-trivial architecture
• Work with services that are used by client and has many real users
About Grid Dynamics
Grid Dynamics is a world-class expert company with highly scalable distributed solutions and CI/CD. We help one of the biggest financial companies on the East Coast to solve the challenging problems that affect the entire development organizations, like building enterprise web services with millisecond response time, or improving development processes by introducing Agile, test automation, TDD, and CI/CD processes.
Job posted on
25 January 2023