Ciklum is looking for Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security.
About the role
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that provides a platform across multiple domains. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering and development, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customer’s needs and to take over full responsibility for its platform, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
You will use your deep technical skills to build and run the AWS and Azure platforms as part of your team. You will use your expertise in developing and operating technical platforms to enable our business development teams to work more efficiently. You guide your team to make the right choices in design and tooling and help other teams adopt your platform through direct engagement. You care for operational readiness, and ensure the observability of your platform and service. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency. You work hands-on, tackling the whole design, build, test, and deploy cycle.
About the project
You’ll work with TUI, the leading tourism group. It covers the entire tourism value chain under one roof with 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 400 hotels, 17 cruise liners, and many incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. This integrated offering enables TUI to provide 27 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions combined with their commitment to sustainable tourism. The TUI Group’s share is listed in the FTSE 250 index.
The project uses modern architectural approaches. All solutions are cloud-based and use a serverless approach. You will work closely with TUI’s top delivery management and business representatives to define the future of the travel industry. Ciklum provides you with colleagues who can be your mentors, good coworkers in solving tech challenges, or just nice people to work with. Millions of tourists all over the world will use the results of your work, and you can shape the way these solutions will be implemented.
● Developing multi-discipline technology-focused strategies and solution roadmaps to execute Microsoft Azure and AWS solutions for clients to help solve business needs and/or requirements.
● Engaging as an advisor to the client around Azure/AWS solutions and earning their trust and respect. Providing expertise on aligning current trends in Microsoft Azure technology marketplace.
● Understanding many disciplines including application architecture, resiliency and DR, databases, virtualization, servers, storage, infrastructure as code and Azure cloud computing, along with the understanding of technology and industry trends.
● Collaborating with the application developers to understand and setup tooling needed for Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment processes.
● Shown experience of at least 6 years;
● Proven deep knowledge working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
● Ability to understand and shape engineering workflows
● Desire to build self-service capability for the platform consumers
● Proven extensive hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS), and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices
● Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies
● Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI / shared runners &/or Azure DevOps
● AWS knowledge: ex. IAM, Security Hub, IAM Access Analyzer principles
● Terraform knowledge (to deploy Infra as a code in AWS)
What you’ll love:
Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just dont miss your regular team stand-up
Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
About Ciklum International
Ciklum (www.ciklum.com) is a leading global product engineering and digital services company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations.
Headquartered in the UK, Ciklum has 4,000+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies. Ciklum specialises in enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names in the digital economy.
The Company empowers its clients and people to exceed their potential and pursue the extraordinary.
Join one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine, according to Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
25 January 2023
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni