Our mission is to transition UK consumer payments from legacy, inefficient card networks to modern Open Banking-based rails.
Join us, build out our financial infrastructure and backend systems.
About the role:
• We are looking for a talented backend engineer with experience in payments to join our team and build out our financial infrastructure and backend systems.
• You will join the startup on day 1 and work directly with the founders, starting from a blank slate to design and implement a scalable architecture to power our MVP.
• Hybrid working ≤2 days in person in London a week, or fully remote
What you’ll do:
Immediate (up to launch of our MVP):
• Make all technical decisions alongside the founders, including architecture design, tech stack, tooling choices etc.
• Establish a clear and effective development workflow including issue tracking, coding standards, reviews, staging environments, deployment.
• Go hands-on with coding the backend systems required for our MVP.
• Report directly to the co-CEO responsible for technology.
• Build out the technology function at the company.
• Take full ownership over the technology roadmap, and take up a C-suite role in the overall management of the company.
Who you are:
• Senior backend engineer with bags of pure coding experience in Fintech. “Move fast… while complying with the FCA handbook” is your motto.
• Future CTO looking for their big break. Feel like your growth is being stifled in a 40-person engineering team?
• Startup-oriented. You perform best in a small team with the full business context and a clear North Star goal.
• Quick off the mark. You get to the crux of the matter quickly and optimise for done over perfect.
• Self-sufficient. You want responsibility and thrive on being trusted to get on with it.
• 3+ years of commercial backend engineering experience in fintech, preferably payments.
• Experience in leading software projects - responsibility for the full lifecycle of development.
• Computer Science degree.
Nice to haves:
• Engineering experience in UK fintech is a big advantage
• Experience building an alternative payment method (APM) like BNPL or Open Banking.
• Experience building integrations with Open Banking third-party providers (like Plaid).
• Experience building payment integrations with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Potential for options upon next funding round.
• Hybrid working ≤2 days in person in London a week.
• Bring your own tech stack - we have no legacy dependencies, and will use what you know if it is the best tool for the job.
• True startup experience, you’ll be joining the team on day 1 - shaping the product, technology and working practices.
• Clear pathway to becoming a CTO of a fast-growing fintech company.
About the company:
• Our mission is to transition UK consumer payments from legacy, inefficient card networks to modern Open Banking-based rails.
• We do this by democratising access to spending rewards, bringing them to the people left out the traditional credit card system.
• We use Open Banking to process e-commerce transactions, passing the fee savings to users in the form of credit card-like points.
• That is, for the first time ever, you can earn rewards on purchases made with your own money, whoever you bank with. Just checkout with our platform and get a minimum of 1% back on purchases made directly from your existing current account.
• We have completed the Entrepreneur First venture programme and raised Angel investment to build out our MVP.
We are building the perfect contributor management platform with on-chain identity, reputation, matching engine, and payment tools for DAOs, coupled with a vibrant and supportive community.
intropia’s mission is to match contributors with the most exciting Web3 opportunities by aligning incentives and making it co-owned and co-operated by contributors from day one.
Contributors can already explore and apply to the exciting opportunities from 100+ leading organizations in Web3 through the intropia Quest Board.
These include grants, bounties, hackathons, and full-time positions from a diverse range of organizations such as Alchemy, Algorand, Balancer, Binance, Chainlink, ConsenSys, Ethereum Foundation, Filecoin, GitCoin, Lens, Maker, NEAR, SSV Network, Starkware, The Graph, Zerion, zkSync, and others.
Job posted on
24 January 2023