Verbit is a young, well-funded startup using AI to transform the immense world of audio transcription. Verbit is a leading transcription and captioning solution that fuses artificial and human intelligence to provide 99.9% accuracy.
As a Lead Ruby On Rails developer, you will be responsible for developing our platform which enables us to revolutionize the transcription and translation industry, and leading a team of 4-5 developers.
You will work in a dynamic, agile environment with highly talented team members delivering content that is implemented in production environments very rapidly.
· At least 3 years of experience in software development.
· At least 2 years of experience Ruby on Rails – a must.
· Fluent in Web technologies: html5/js/.
· Experience of leading a technical team.
· Experience writing complex database queries.
· Great interpersonal skills and a team player.
· Modern Ruby (2.4/2.5), modern Rails (5.1), constantly upgrading and using modern language and framework features;
· Custom DDD-alike architecture on top of Rails (operations, view models, decorators)
· RSpec-based BDD (with a lot of custom matchers and add-ons), close to 100% test coverage
· Strict style agreements, validated by Rubocop;
· Tough yet pragmatic code quality control, enforced by code reviews;
· Lots of non-trivial algorithmic tasks with large and fuzzy texts processing;
· Lots of non-trivial third-party APIs integrations;
· Clear vision for upcoming “big” system features and path towards them.
We hire the best (we have winners in algorithmic Olympics, Rubyists whose blog posts are re-tweeted by Matz! (Ruby creator)).
So as you can see, we're a strong team with an already successful first product and the sky is the limit.
Besides what we've been chosen to be in 20 Hottest Startups of 2018 out of thousands of startups in Israel.
Verbit.ai is a young, well-funded startup using artificial intelligence to transform the immense world of audio transcription.
Verbit.ai was founded by three highly experienced entrepreneurs. We have years of experience onboard in deep learning and speech recognition, in VC funding strategy and in large-scale software engineering.
We love our work and can’t resist challenges, and are all about creating real value. We’re looking for a similar type to help us accelerate our already fast pace towards building a truly game-changing product.
Our mission: To textualize the world's verbal content making online content accessible to all.