Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
About the Project:
Client is a German subscription-based language learning app and e-learning platform, available in various languages since January 2008.The language learning platform went online with community features as a free beta version in 2008.
About the Product:
Product is a subscription-based language learning app for web, iOS and Android. Product currently offers 15 different languages from seven display languages.
There are beginner, intermediate and grammar courses, vocabulary lessons, as well as courses with tongue-twisters, idioms, colloquialisms, and sayings. Courses for a given language may be aimed at a specific audience: for instance, English may be learned as “PR English” or “Marketing English.”
Technology Stack: Databricks, DynamoDB, Kinesis, AWS
• Participate in shaping client’s data architecture, designing and building scalable data services
• Create and manage databases and warehouses (MySQL, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Databricks Lakehouse)
• Implement new, near real-time streaming pipelines
• Automate the infrastructure (AWS, Terraform, CDK). Implement complicated CI deployment scenarios
• Scheduling complex data flows with Airflow or dbt
• Building customer-facing data reports with tools such as QuickSight
• Responsible for performance tuning of complicated SQL queries and architecture and tuning of NoSQL implementations and Data flows
• Identify gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
• Cross-train other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
• Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
• 3+ years of experience coding in Python, SQL with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
• 2+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems
• 2+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Spark, Kinesis, DynamoDB. Experience with Spark or Databricks Lakehouse Platform
• 2+ years of experience in AWS data platforms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
• Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
• Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
• A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
What's in it for you:
• Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, Multisport cards, as well as financial and legal consultations
• Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
• Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
• Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office at the heart of Sofia. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
• Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
• Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
• Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
About Ciklum International
Ciklum (www.ciklum.com) is a leading global product engineering and digital services company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations.
Headquartered in the UK, Ciklum has 4,000+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies. Ciklum specialises in enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names in the digital economy.
The Company empowers its clients and people to exceed their potential and pursue the extraordinary.
Join one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine, according to Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
3 November 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni