We're looking for an experienced engineer with expertise in Python development and AWS configuration to join our team at Universum in building a complex data management platform.
We're looking for an EU-based candidate with experience in both back-end development and DevOps (you must be currently living within the EU).
Universum is a Swedish tech company developing tools that enable millions of students and young professionals to reflect upon their career path, to express their expectations towards employers, and to connect with the ones who match them best. At the same time, we build instruments for data processing, presentation, analytics, and reporting. Our platform is used by the world's largest companies to understand the ever-changing career preferences and ambitions of their current and future employees.
We have a microservices architecture built with Django, Flask, FastAPI, and Peewee. The data is stored in PostgreSQL and AWS DynamoDB. On the front-end we use React (Typescript) with Redux. The infrastructure is powered by AWS ECS, S3, SQS, and Lambdas.
You will join a small, cross-functional team of expert engineers, following modern software development practices as well as using the latest technologies for developing microservices in Python. You will participate in a full-cycle of feature implementation - Design, Development, and Deployment (including environment and instances preparation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance). 70-90% of your focus will be on back-end development, and the rest – on deployment & devops tasks.
- English proficiency (effortless verbal and written communication)
- 2+ years of commercial development with Python
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in configuring AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambdas, Docker, Cognito, Terraform)
- Ability to take a part in infrastructure and application design based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices, and according experience
- Experience with Bamboo
- Familiarity with microservices
- Affinity for unit testing
There are 18 people in the Engineering department, which is broken-down into 4 cross-functional teams. Half of the team are Senior engineers with 10+ years of experience, with the other half ranging from 2-10 years.
1) 15 mins intro call
2) 45 mins in-depth soft skills evaluation
3) 1 hour technical evaluation session
A sneak peek of our perks:
- Flat teams with minimum bureaucracy
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote-friendliness (before, during, and after pandemics)
- 24 paid vacation days & 10 paid sick leave days per year
- Competitive salary
- Career guidance and professional development activities
We are a community of Tech & Business professionals doing what we are good at and passionate about. We connect tech talent - like yourself, with exciting product companies, striving to support our members with personal development and career progression, and focusing on building robust human relations instead of just filling vacancies. Today we are 30 people distributed across Ukraine and Sweden. Our base is in Kyiv, near the Golden Gate.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
22 September 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni