Our project increases one of the teams and is looking for Middle Python Developer.
Airbyte is an open source data portability tool. It allows users to move their data across APIs, databases, data warehouses, and data lakes in all directions.
Most companies have data spread across different services and systems and the volume of this data is growing. In order to make the best decisions, companies are looking for a way to consolidate this data into the warehouse or date lake of their choice and then ask data scientists and business analysts to extract insights in order to build a competitive edge.
There are existing cloud solutions today with Fivetran and StitchData but both fall short in the number of connectors that they provide. This results in companies having to build and maintain a secondary system internally to accommodate missing connectors. Also both Fivetran and StitchData are cloud solutions which means that many companies can’t work with these services because they cannot let data leave their premises for security reasons.
Airbyte solves the following problems:
- Provide an open source solution so organizations can contribute the connectors that are missing thus addressing all connectors
- Provide a self hosted solution to solve the security problem
- Disrupt existing pricing models that are most of the time based on volume.
Experience in software development and design for more than 3 years;
Excellent knowledge and experience in Python (more than 3 years);
Good knowledge in Computer Science and Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (e.g. OOP, SOLID);
- Architectural, Distributed and Design Patterns;
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL);
- Code testing practices;
- Security patterns;
Understanding of network interactions, protocols, conventions (REST);
Commercial experience with:
- REST APIs, SOAP, GraphQl, etc
- RDBMS (e.g.PostgreSQL, OracleDB, MSSQL, MySQL and others)
- Queues (e.g. Kafka, Google Pubsub, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon SQS)
- Version control systems (GIT);
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins);
- Build automation tools (Gradle);
- Creation design of applications, platforms, microservices solutions;
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging of applications;
- Different delivery methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, Agile, Kanban);
- Code Review process;
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design architecture, solution development, architectural and code review;
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements;
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc);
- Working in an international, distributed team;
- Communicate with PM, PO, other engineers, architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders;
- Participation on delivering the product roadmap, plannings, creation of estimations;
- To use high coding standards, development best practices and write highly testable and performant code.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise—we help our clients imagine what’s possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.
GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company, is a leader in digital product engineering. We help our clients design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. We help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world.
What is GlobalLogic in numbers:
1,800+ products releases per year
400+ active clients
70+ private label customer labs
35 product engineering centers
Visit our website and learn more about GlobalLogic, view our open positions and career opportunities, as well as why you should join us!
DOU company page:
Job posted on
5 August 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni