Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Poland.
Our client is a remote-first company that serves over one million drivers and over 100,000 businesses that power the physical economy by building technology to improve the safety, productivity, sustainability, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. The client serves over 120,000 businesses across various industries, including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery. You will be responsible for building new financial products for the customers. As part of this role, you will build APIs/services that integrate with payment platforms for processing transactions from the customers. We are looking for strong engineers to build the financial stack and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance for payment transactions. This team is responsible for (a) building integration with payment platforms, (b) processing transactions with high reliability, (c) generating invoices, and (d) processing payments from the client’s customers.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building product infrastructure, distributed systems, and data models.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, - - DynamoDB, Redis, and Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS.
- Create and scale data models and improve system performance.
- Build and make scalable design choices for API interfaces to work across internal and external applications and services.
- Work on billing/payment-related third-party integration like Stripe or Adyen.
- Develop software that improves the cost of running a service in production, reduces iteration time, and helps you and the team make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Provide appropriate monitoring, logging, and debugging for the system's health.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Actively work on the client’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in our welcoming office.
- Comprehensive medical insurance after one month.
- MultiSport card with access to 2500 sports facilities all over Poland
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- 15 vacation days, 10 national holidays, sick leaves, family days off.
- Educational activities reimbursement on the monthly basis.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
Gifts for birthdays, New Year and other holidays.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!
About Svitla Systems
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in Silicon Valley. We deliver unparalleled value to our customers, who rely on our expertise in managed teams and build-to-order software applications.
Founded in 2003, Svitla Systems is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro and Germany). If you are looking to scale up your technical team quickly, we are your trusted glocal partner.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 August 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni