Skelia’s mother company Nortal is helping to build the first cognitive city in the world. Based in the Middle East - a seamless AI-orchestrated metropolis, a home and a workplace for several million citizens from around the world.
Nortal is part of building the next generation cognitive city in the Middle East - and guess what... we are building the cognitive brain of the city! Did we catch your attention?
The city dominates the human experience. Yet, for all the talk of ‘smart cities’ they’re not so smart. Maybe traffic and utilities are managed more effectively, but how are people’s day-to-day lives improved?
Our aim is to build a data product that connects everything, turning smart cities into cognitive cities - a data platform that has been designed to turn data into interoperable, high quality data products on a mass scale.
We’re looking for a Senior Python Developer who collaborates with other engineers to develop modern and secure APIs for transforming, storing, and serving data and metadata, implement containerised, reusable and composable Platform components, and develop custom software for backend services.
As a result, you will help us build a flexible, large-scale data platform to facilitate finding, understanding, and publishing data generated by people and devices in the AI-orchestrated metropolis.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of experience with backend development based on object-oriented programming and/or functional programming.
- Advanced proficiency with plain Python.
- Solid knowledge of Java or/and Kotlin will be a big plus.
- Adept of BDD/TDD, DRY, SOLID, and clean code principles.
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems and/or data platform technologies.
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, etc. is advantageous.
Skelia is a global IT services company providing software development, quality assurance and outsorsing services. We help our customers in Europe and US with the best IT talent of Eastern Europe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
3 August 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni