N-iX is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Engineer who is familiar with data processing. The Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The Engineer must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing / re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and initiatives.
- Create and maintain data pipeline components
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS data technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the EMT, Product, and Engineering teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and (future) data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Experience with Go
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, S3
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with relational SQL databases, especially Postgres.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience producing documentation and diagrams. Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- 5+ years of experience with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Nice to have:
- Spark, Kafka, Parquet - possible tech stack (is being defined currently)
- Python programming experience.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially Cassandra.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Flexible and personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and training, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings
N-iX is an Eastern European software development service company that helps businesses across the globe expand their engineering capabilities and develop successful software products. Founded in 2002, we have come a long way and increased our presence in six countries spanning Europe and the US.
With more than 1,700 specialists, N-iX offers expert solutions in cloud computing, data analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, embedded software, and IoT, covering a wide variety of sectors including finance, manufacturing, supply chain, telecom, energy, etc.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current