Our client is a is a location data and technology platform company that empower customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
They create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us!
As a Senior Backened Engineer in the Map Data Processing group you will develop smart Map Data processing tools for the state-of-the-art Mapping Technologies. You will work self-sustained in an agile team. Your responsibility will cover developing, extending and maintaining tool and services that processes map data for global navigational database. For that you will be translating product strategies into technology strategies, leading the long-term architectural direction and helping design and build industry-grade customer-facing geo-data-intensive products. You will work closely with other engineering & operations teams, internal users of tool chains your team develops and partner with product managers and the larger map operations business units.
- Be responsible for providing design and development leadership in delivering new software products and tools from the ground up and extend and maintaining them in an innovative and iteratively growing environment used for processing map data
- Implement tools to enhance both automated and semi-automated map data processing, involving backend/service-based software stacks
- Develop in-depth solutions in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Own one or more components of software architecture in immediate environment
- Apply and extended CI/CD tools and execute end-2-end ownership of your developed software stack, including devops and testing aspects
- Work closely with other full stack and frontend engineers on the team to de/-refine APIs and system integrations
- Work with other engineering teams and internal customers to identify new opportunities, address critical needs, and solve complex problems using your backend development expertise
- Become an expert at leveraging internal platform resources and APIs
- Drive initiatives that contribute in development of software that is efficient, re-usable and reliable (e.g. agile, coding, verification)
- Be part of an agile team, share knowledge, do code reviews, pro-active communication also mentor and guide junior engineers in the team
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering with Java/Scala or any functional programming language;
- Excellent analytical, algorithmic and optimization skills, OOAD, architecture and design patterns;
- Expertise in cloud-based infrastructure (Maven/SBT, GIT/GERRIT, Apache Spark, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Linux Environment)
- Strive to write great code that is reusable, flexible, and reliable
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Self- motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented and a strong team player;
- Very good communication skills in English both written and spoken.
Will be a plus:
Working with mapdata
- Working with data transformation / ETL
Higher Education: Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
Intellias is one of the biggest Ukrainian IT companies, with more than 2500 specialists on board.
The company’s development centers are located in Ukraine (Lviv, Kyiv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Ivano-Frankivsk), and Poland (Kraków). Intellias also has representatives in
Germany, Israel, the USA, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. The company develops
complex software solutions and provides professional services, specializing in automotive,
navigation, financial, and telecommunication technologies. More than two billion people in the
world use technology products developed by Intellias engineers. For many years in a row,
Intellias has been recognized as one of the best IT employers according to DOU.ua, the largest
IT community in Ukraine. In 2020, the company was ranked as a top employer by Forbes
Ukraine, EY, and MC.Today. In 2021, Forbes Ukraine again ranked the company among
Ukraine’s top employers.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
23 June 2022