Forte Group is looking for a Technical Team Lead (Ruby) who is an experienced and self-motivated individual to lead a team of Ruby Software Engineers to support a leading global online food delivery marketplace that connects consumers with over 600,000 partners in 23 countries.
The successful Technical Team Lead will help build and direct a team of Ruby on Rails developers, working in an agile environment, with innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities.
Required Technical Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
● 7+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework like Django or Rails. Expertise in Rails is a must
● Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
● Expertise in developing integrations with external products using Ruby On Rails
● Experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
● Familiar with stability challenges of running large scale Ruby on Rails applications
● Distributed version control expertise with Git
● Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
● Practice designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
● Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
Principal Accountability / Team Leadership
● Ensures the whole team understands the technical plan, reasons for it, and adherence to it.
● Translate and break-down strategic technical vision into a consumable form for the team
● Assure team productivity meets a high standard that can be quantified
● Low-level development, testing and deployment tasks have ownership by team members
● Carries out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way
● Helps team members define clear, small, and testable tasks
● Encourages collective code ownership through CI and promotes frequent code check
● Enforces the team’s Definition of Done
● Liaises between the team and management to assure needed skills are represented on the team
● Maintaining an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
● Resolves defects in a timely and effective manner
● Identifies tactical risks and raises/resolves issues effectively
● Ensures that operational teams are effective during deployment (dry-run or production)
● Experience working with colleagues locally and abroad
● Opportunities for self-realization
● Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
● Professional and corporate events
● Social package: professional and soft skills training, medical and family care programs, sports
● English classes in the office with a dedicated teacher
About Forte Group
Forte Group is a full-service custom software delivery partner with a global team of experts who bring the best technology talent and value-driven practices to achieve clients’ mission in accelerating their business.
We are a network of innovators, product leaders, engineers, and professionals spanning three continents with global offices.
Back when Forte was founded in 2000, we were a small group of engineers and technologists focused on QA. Today, Forte has more than 700+ employees working out of eleven offices in the United States, Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay, Ukraine, Poland, etc.
Over the years, we’ve cooperated with more than 350 clients globally, and we’ve developed great software that’s been used by more than nine million people ‒ that’s equivalent to the population of London or even Switzerland!
DocuSign, Relativity, Sphera, Tinder, Insureon, GPShopper, Follett, SwiftIQ, Lawyer Exchange, & more
What we do: Driven to succeed
“We have been developing IT solutions for 20 years. Not as a singled out pianist, violinist, and drummer, but as an orchestra.
Steve Kreynin, Founder and CEO at Forte Group
The roadmap of our solutions consists of software engineering, product management, quality assurance & testing, staff augmentation and ecommerce strategy.
We help mid-market and large enterprises extend the capabilities of their existing software products and systems, build products from scratch, and augment software engineering teams to accelerate and enhance delivery.
Our team consists of like-minded professionals ready for a tech challenge. You name it, we’ve probably done it. Our portfolio features projects for clients in the banking, financial services, healthcare, IoT, life sciences, logistics, manufacturing, supply chain, media and entertainment, and retail industries. To add value and achieve solution scalability, we use Agile methodologies to deliver better software to market faster.
Our technology focus:
What’s in it for you:
- Experience working with multicultural distributed teams
- Individual approach for project selection (our resource managers are rushing to help)
- Performance reviews twice a year
- Individual and group sessions with a psychologist
- Flexibility. Work from home or the office in an autonomous working environment.
- Opportunities for career development and professional growth through our learning and development department
- Friendly and enjoyable working environment with a fully equipped workplace
- Medical and family care programs, gifts to children. Fully paid five sick days yearly
Unlock your career’s potential and join us on our quest to deliver value through software.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
23 June 2022