On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
Millions of active paying subscribers
More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
More than 10,000 hours of learning content
Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content.
As part of our team, we’ll collectively tackle all things engagement: how do we make sure that learners are always challenged, but never overwhelmed? That everyone coming to Babbel feels welcomed? That everyone feels motivated to pick up the app and learn something every single day?
In your role as iOS Engineer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning.
You will work closely with the product & engineering managers, product & learner experience designers, subject matter experts, and cross-platform engineers to bring this mission to reality for Babbel learners.
- Develop native mobile applications for iOS
- Create and maintaining architecture design and documentation
- New feature development
- Integrate mobile apps with web services
- Tests development
- Conduct code reviews
- Mentorship of junior and middle colleagues
- 4+ years of iOS apps development experience
- Strong knowledge of Swift programming language
- Communication with stakeholders and other product team members
- Strong CoreData knowledge
- Experience with CoreAnimation framework
- Experience in unit and integration testing (XCTest)
- Experience with common Design Principles
- Experience with iOS APIs and Capabilities
- Experience with common 3rd party libraries
- Understanding of app signing, provisioning, etc
- Experience with automated builds and CI
- Good knowledge of SOLID, KISS, DRY Principles
- Experience with VCS (git)
- Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills.
- Familiarity with Agile
- Experience with CLI
- Experience with TDD/BDD
- Familiarity with SwiftUI, Combine.
- Works under general direction, accepts guidance and has work reviewed at agreed milestones
- Has working-level contact with customers and colleagues
- May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects
- Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently
- Contributes fully to the work of teams
What's in it for you:
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Health insurance.
About Ciklum International
Ciklum is a top-five global Digital Solutions Company for Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations alike around the world.
Our 3,000+ Developers located in the Delivery Centres across the globe, provide our clients with a range of services including outsourcing software development, Enterprise App Development, Quality Assurance, Security, R&D, Big Data & Analytics.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
21 June 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni