Are you a master of data science? Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute your creative mindset and energy to the growth and success of a hyper-growth, pre-IPO product?
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today's geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC and Akamai, we are the global market-leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans in the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
The Data Scientist's primary responsibility is contributing to GeoComply’s success by ensuring continuous development and improvement of AI-based Anti-Fraud systems. The ideal candidate for this role is a person with strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to work in a dynamic environment. We expect that the Data Scientist has experience working with complex datasets, building models, and distilling insights for management. You enjoy working in collaborative teams and have excellent interpersonal skills. The Data Scientist should take responsibility and always see a path forward to success. It will be a plus if you have experience working in short, iterative development cycles and have a great passion for working in fast-paced development process environments.
You will have an opportunity to work with an international team, with colleagues in Canada, the US, and Vietnam. This role will report to the Data Science Lead, and you will work closely with Data Science, Data Analytics, Reporting, Development, and Business teams. In addition, you will have the opportunity to influence the development plan directly, research, and develop your ideas for the product.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, build and maintain ML/DL models for Geofence and Anti-fraud management systems;
- Develop and strengthen ML/DL models to solve anomalies detection problems;
- Perform EDA process, feature engineering and work on developing models to detect suspicious signs;
- Correctly frames a problem and comes up with a hypothesis;
- Assesses the effectiveness and develop practical ML/DS solutions on an ongoing basis;
- Identifies new data that could enhance the quality and accuracy of models to improve detection;
- Improve current anti-fraud features on both client and server sides;
- Create structured and reliable documentation;
- Write structured, well documented and tested code for the deployment;
- Support and help with clients' requests;
- Collaborate with the Reporting, and Data Analytics Teams in Vietnam;
- Collaborate with a client’s Anti-Fraud Teams and work on developing non-geolocation anti-fraud solutions;
- Follow best practices and processes established by the team;
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s technologies, processes and teams.
- At least 2 years of work experience with machine learning and data science;
- Education or training in a relevant field(ex. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science);
- Strong Python knowledge and the associated data analytics/machine learning packages (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, scipy, etc.);
- Experience with deep learning frameworks(PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, etc.)
- Strong background working with predictive and statistical modelling, machine learning and strong expertise in all phases of the modelling pipeline;
- Strong background with EDA process and feature engineering;
- Understanding of databases and network technologies. Relational databases such as MySQL;
- Advanced knowledge of maths and statistics;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in English (both verbal and written), with the ability to effectively communicate complex information in a simple manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to prepare reports and visualizations;
- Strong ability to operate independently and make clear and thoughtful decisions.
Bonus Points if You
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS preferred);
- Experience in risk management and fraud detection;
- Experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark and Delta Lake.
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
- We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets - media & entertainment and fintech.
- We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work: There’s always a way; Together we can do more; Aim higher. Then higher; Act with integrity; For the greater good.
- We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
- We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
- We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for their positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
- We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.
GeoComply is the world's market leader in geolocation fraud prevention solutions used to ensure location-based compliance in the gaming industry, protect content rights in media & entertainment, as well as detect and stop fraud in the financial services and payments industries. Our patented and proprietary geolocation solutions are unparalleled in the level of accuracy, depth of security and ease of integration.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
17 June 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni