We make games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Our company is committed to the entire creation process, and passion for play is what makes us one with our players. We are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities!
We are looking for a Principal Technical Artist to join the team on our brand-new project. The Lead Technical Artist is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. They have a proven track record of
resolving the most complex and broad-reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and leading-edge visuals.
As Principal Technical Artist you will work closely with the artists and the creative director, as well as the lead programmers. Your responsibilities will include setting up and maintaining the workflow of art production and material libraries in UE4, deciding which art packages and tools the studio
should use, and investigating and applying new techniques.
• Technically and artistically educated.
• Implement shading and production solutions for materials, while adhering to the
established artistic direction.
• Configure the various dynamic lighting solutions and available post-processing effects in
order to refine a scene's overall ambience (direct lighting, fog, ambient occlusion, tone
mapping, colour grading, look-up tables, vignettes, bloom, depth of field, optical flare,
chromatic aberration, anamorphic flare, etc.).
• Set up lighting systems that are compatible with the memory limitations of target platforms
• Train artists in new production techniques and ensure that those methods are compatible
with the constraints of the game engine.
• Identify and resolve issues related to the process of artistic creation.
• Suggest efficient production methods that are in keeping with the initial guidelines and
budgets/constraints (memory/size of the game).
• Solve challenging technical issues of the 3D asset pipeline.
• Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical artist in a game studio.
• Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, especially creation of materials and art blueprints.
• Expert understanding of modern game content creation processes.
• Understanding of level creation/editing packages (UE4).
• Digital Art background (modelling, shading, lighting, VFX).
• Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows.
• Advanced rendering knowledge
• Experience with graphics debuggers
• Experience using procedural pipelines
For UE4 specifically:
o Authoring Material Expressions and Parameters, MICs and Libraries.
o VFX assets, sequences, materials.
o Lighting: Reflection capture, Lighting Scenarios, Character.
• Understanding of LOD systems for Levels and VFX.
• Experience with Substance Designer.
Strong experience with Substance Designer.
Shipped AAA game(s) is a plus.
About Make it in Ukraine
We're 'Make it in Ukraine', a marketplace to match world-leading projects with incredible agencies and individuals in Ukraine.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
15 June 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni