We are looking for a Software Java Engineer to join our team in Gothenburg, Sweden. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of the latest cloud technologies and experience applying them to deliver solutions for the end customers. Software Java Engineer will contribute to all the phases of SW lifecycle
🏢 About the Company
We are the world’s leading global innovator and operator of connected vehicle services. Our vision is to lead the automotive industry into the digital society, with the goal to connect 100 million vehicles by 2025. We help create safe, smart, and sustainable mobility solutions for global car brands such as Volkswagen, Volvo Cars, Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan, Subaru, and Daimler.
🚀 About the Project
We are looking for a Software Java Engineer to join our team in Gothenburg, Sweden. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the latest cloud technologies and experience applying them to deliver solutions for the end customers. Software Java Engineer will contribute to all the phases of SW lifecycle, including design, development, deployment, testing, maintenance, and continuous improvement.
We have a DevOps team with 11 team members including Scrum Master, Product Owner and Business Analyst. We often work closely together, in pairs or groups, within the team. We have daily collaboration within the organization and with our closest customer stakeholders. Most of the team works from the office most of the days. We have a strong focus on continuous improvement and lots of humor.
When you start working at WirelessCar, you also have a high degree of flexibility when it comes to the environment and tools you get to use. We are always curious about the latest tech developments, what suits you, and what ensures a scalable and stable delivery to our customers. You choose which operating system you want to use on your laptop: Linux or Windows. You will get to work with one or more of the major cloud providers to develop services for our customers. And you will use the latest and most popular tools such as IntelliJ, Slack, Miro, Jira, Confluence, and of course Teams, AD, and O365. To organize our work at scale, we follow the SAFe agile framework and subscribe to the Elite Software Performer philosophy of DevSecOps where each team is a self-contained unit fully responsible for the assets they create. We have also implemented Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies and built pipelines enabling you to create features and functions that are available in Production rapidly and reliably.
🛠️ Tech Stack
- Java 8 and above
Nice to have:
Git, Continuous Integration, OpenAPI/Swagger, NoSQL, Docker, Maven,
DevOps, Test Driven Development, Linux, Python.
🐝 Job Responsibilities
- Perform feasibility and impact analysis of customer requirements
- Provide design compatible with the existing system, easy to maintain and support
- Develop and deploy SW which meets the requirements by the scheduled deadline
- Write “clean code” that follows coding conventions and guidelines, is simple, easy for others to read, test and maintain
- Fix software bugs
- Follow DevOps practices, including implementation metrics, monitoring, and alarms
- Run tests to ensure that the SW functions as per defined requirements
- Make sure the code is tested on all relevant levels, e.g., unit, integration, functional, system
- Develop SW design documentation, e.g., sequence diagrams, architectural decisions, API descriptions, runbooks
💻 Minimum of Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of web development
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages like Java,
- Senior Java Developer you use the latest technologies
- Understanding of AWS and Microservices, to develop cutting edge solutions and services for our customers
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of service
- Development, test, deploy, maintenance to continuous improvements and new innovations
🍯 What do we offer
- Start a journey within a new team
- The position is in Gothenburg, Global Academics
- Support process to get accommodation in Sweden, Gothenburg
- Support process to Swedish Migration office to get a working permit in Sweden.
- Full life insurance policy
- Hybrid (Office and/or Remote)
- Flexible work schedule
skillreveal GmbH helps build successful tech teams by conducting qualified technical assessments and precise talent matching.
Unlike the traditional recruiting approach, skillreveal rely on in-depth assessment to get professional and cultural fit so that talent stays in the team longer.
Our core is the skillreveal.io platform that unites employers, talents & experts to collaborate on job opportunities as one team.
it’s a platform to find, assess and precisely fit technical talents to a team. As a result, talent successfully stays with the team longer.
it’s a platform to assess, improve and map your own technical skills to an industry benchmark. As a result, get better jobs and career opportunities.
it’s a platform to find and assess technical talents using everyday language and community expertise. It’s a way for Experts to earn rewards and reputation for their contribution to the community.
Our vision is to become the world's most trusted talent network for building teams.
We build our team on trust, transparency, positive experience, constant improvement, and fun.
Further information is available at www.skillreveal.io
DOU company page:
Job posted on
13 May 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni