Forte Group is looking for a Android Engineer (SDET) in Poland to join our valued client - Tinder!
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day, and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top-down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an Android Engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
What You’ll Do:
● Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of consumer-facing features in the Tinder App using the latest technologies
● Build compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
● Collaborate with engineers cross-functionally as well as the product and design team(s) to influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder’s App and services
● Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
● Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data scientist team(s)
● Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
● Mentor, collaborate, and learn with innovative and passionate team members
What You’ll Need:
● 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing applications with native Android
● Significant experience using Kotlin in a professional environment
● Well-versed in popular architecture patterns such as MVVM, Clean, MVP, etc.
● Understanding of the Android lifecycle for Activities & Fragments
● Experience using RecyclerView to create lists
● Willingness to work collaboratively in an Agile environment (scrum, planning poker, standup, etc.)
● Knowledge of the value of Dependency Injection frameworks such as Dagger
● Proficient in RxJava and kotlin coroutines/flow
● Proficiency in writing your own unit tests
● Clear and solution-oriented communication style with a passion for code quality
● Experience creating custom views
● Proficient in consuming REST/JSON APIs with Retrofit
● Experience designing and architecting full-stack applications, including API design and UI wireframing
● Knowledge of A/B testing tools (Firebase/Leanplum etc.)
● Experience creating custom animations that bring your views to life using SDK tools like Animator and MotionLayout
● Experience building user-facing features with modern Android UI tools, such as view binding or jetpack compose
● A BS or MS in Computer Science is amazing but not required; proficiency in modern android technologies and principles is what matters most
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe.
About Forte Group
Forte Group is a full-service custom software delivery partner with a global team of experts who bring the best technology talent and value-driven practices to achieve clients’ mission in accelerating their business.
We are a network of innovators, product leaders, engineers, and professionals spanning three continents with global offices.
Back when Forte was founded in 2000, we were a small group of engineers and technologists focused on QA. Today, Forte has more than 700+ employees working out of eleven offices in the United States, Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay, Ukraine, Poland, etc.
Over the years, we’ve cooperated with more than 350 clients globally, and we’ve developed great software that’s been used by more than nine million people ‒ that’s equivalent to the population of London or even Switzerland!
DocuSign, Relativity, Sphera, Tinder, Insureon, GPShopper, Follett, SwiftIQ, Lawyer Exchange, & more
What we do: Driven to succeed
“We have been developing IT solutions for 20 years. Not as a singled out pianist, violinist, and drummer, but as an orchestra.
Steve Kreynin, Founder and CEO at Forte Group
The roadmap of our solutions consists of software engineering, product management, quality assurance & testing, staff augmentation and ecommerce strategy.
We help mid-market and large enterprises extend the capabilities of their existing software products and systems, build products from scratch, and augment software engineering teams to accelerate and enhance delivery.
Our team consists of like-minded professionals ready for a tech challenge. You name it, we’ve probably done it. Our portfolio features projects for clients in the banking, financial services, healthcare, IoT, life sciences, logistics, manufacturing, supply chain, media and entertainment, and retail industries. To add value and achieve solution scalability, we use Agile methodologies to deliver better software to market faster.
Our technology focus:
What’s in it for you:
- Experience working with multicultural distributed teams
- Individual approach for project selection (our resource managers are rushing to help)
- Performance reviews twice a year
- Individual and group sessions with a psychologist
- Flexibility. Work from home or the office in an autonomous working environment.
- Opportunities for career development and professional growth through our learning and development department
- Friendly and enjoyable working environment with a fully equipped workplace
- Medical and family care programs, gifts to children. Fully paid five sick days yearly
Unlock your career’s potential and join us on our quest to deliver value through software.
DOU company page: