SMM and Content Manager will be responsible for external project communications in social media and project visibility according to strategy and guidelines under the direct supervision of the Media and Communications Officer
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Position type: SMM and Content Manager.
Reports to: one of the SURGe Project Deputy Directors and to the Media and Communications Officer.
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Support the dissemination of the Program developed content through social networks.
• Contribute to communication strategy and draft communication plan.
• Develop the detailed content plan for social networks.
• Manage all communication channels of the Program in social media (Facebook, Twitter).
• Writing texts for social networks.
• Create visual materials for SMM under approval templates.
• Launch and set up advertising on social networks (knowledge of basic tools).
• Prepare monthly reports on the effectiveness of the Project`s social media.
• Adapt the SMM strategy according to the company's goals, based on monthly, quarterly and annual reports, to increase the effectiveness of the company's social media.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
• 2+ years of experience in Communications and SMM, experience in working with NGOs, international organizations is preferable.
• Experience in contributing to communication strategy and content plan drafting.
• Good copywriting skills, literacy.
• Experience in preparing and editing texts for publication on social networks.
• Basic experience with visual editors and design skills (Photoshop, Canva).
• Basic knowledge of video content skills.
• Experience with contextual advertising, promotion on social networks.
Other experience and skills:
• Excellent writing and editorial skills.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, planning and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under the tight deadlines.
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian (written and spoken).
• Citizen of Ukraine.
About ALINEA INTERNATIONAL LTD (Ukraine Office)
Alinea is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea (former Agriteam) presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
12 May 2022